Our client is a venture-backed startup building cutting-edge logistics infrastructure for trucking in Africa. The start-up is tackling a massive issue - $180 billion is spent annually on haulage across Africa, which means that up to 75% of a product’s cost is due to logistics (compared to 6% in the US).
Our client tech-enabled and operations-driven marketplace efficiently connects transport to cargo. The supply chain management system brings transparency and has significantly improved flexibility, reliability, and cost savings (savings upwards of 18%). The company has experienced 30% month-over-month compounded growth since product launch in May 2017. Headquartered in Nairobi, our client has expanded to Uganda, Nigeria, Ghana and Ethiopia while also servicing Rwanda, DRC and South Sudan.
The market demand for our client’s platform is increasing exponentially. To continue this pace of growth, our client recently closed a landmark raise from globally leading institutional and strategic investors.
● Develop and execute the market strategy
● Manage a world-class team
● Own and manage country operations to include finances & budgets
● Set goals and capture performance data to improve operations
● Implement, analyze and iterate business processes & systems
● Drive operational efficiency and scale
● Implement controls to ensure compliance
● Ugandan Citizen with experience working in a multicultural environment
● Logistics experience in East Africa
● Entrepreneurial passion
● Experience in managing challenging situations with effective prioritisation and rapid response
● Experience in building personal networks at a senior business levels
● Analytical mindset and experience in defining and solving complex issues
● Strong understanding of financial and operational management processes
● Experience working in a developing country, and commitment to living in Uganda for at least two years
● Possess knowledge of applicable laws and regulations
Qualified applicants are invited to email their CV.