REPUBLIC OF KENYA
COUNTY GOVERNMENT OF BOMET
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
ADVERTISEMENT OF VACANCIES
A. The Office of The Governor through the County Public Service Board wishes to fill the vacancy of the County Attorney.
B. The County Government of Bomet through the Public Service Board wishes to fill the positions of Chief Officer – Youth and Sports and Municipal Manager, Director Revenue, Principal Valuer and Senior Support Staff.
1. County Attorney- ONE (1) POST – JOB GROUP ‘T’
Pursuant to Section 5 of The Office of the County Attorney Act No. 14 of 2020, The Office of The Governor through the County Public Service Board wishes to fill the vacancy of the County Attorney. Applications are invited from highly qualified, results-oriented and self-motivated Kenyan citizens.
Terms of Service: Six (6) year contract
The County Attorney will provide guidance and direction to the County Government of Bomet on all the legal issues and will be answerable to the Governor.
Duties and Responsibilities
• The principal legal adviser to the county executive committee
• Shall attend the meetings of the county executive committee as an ex-officio member
• Shall, on the instructions of the County Government, represent the County Executive in court or in any other legal proceedings to which the county is a party, other than criminal proceedings
• Advise departments in the County Executive on legislative and other legal matters
• Liaise with the office of the Attorney General when need arises
• Be responsible for the revision of county laws
• Negotiate, draft, vet and interpret documents and agreements for and on behalf of the County Executive and its agencies
• Perform any other function conferred on the office by the Office of the County Attorney Act, Act of the County Assembly, Senate or by the Governor or as may be necessary for the effective discharge of the duties of and in exercise of the powers of the County Attorney
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this position, the person should:
• Be a Kenyan citizen;
• Be an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya of at least five years standing;
• Holder of a current practicing certificate;
• A Master’s Degree and or other relevant post graduate qualifications will be an added advantage;
• Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution on leadership and integrity; Interested applicants are expected to produce valid clearances from the following bodies:
o Kenya Revenue Authority;
o Higher Education Loans Board;
o Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
o Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of good conduct);
o Credit Reference Bureau (CRB);
• Demonstrated managerial, administrative and professional competence;
• Served for at least (5) years three of which should be at a senior management level in the public sector or corporate sector or a reputable law firm;
• Certificate in computer application skills;
• Clearance certificate from the Law Society of Kenya and Advocate Complaints Commission;
• Have capacity to work under pressure to meet strict timeliness;
• Have good interpersonal and communication skills;
• Demonstrate thorough understanding of County development objectives and the Vision 2030;
• For those with higher education certificates (degrees) from outside Kenya, a letter of recognition of qualifications from the Commission of University Education.
Salary: As prescribed by Salaries and Remuneration Commission (SRC)
1. Job descriptions and specifications can be found on the County Government website www.bomet.go.ke or Public Service Board recruitment portal, www.cpsbbomet.net
2. Applications can only be submitted online on or before 23rd April, 2021 through Bomet County Public Service Board recruitment portal, www.cpsbbomet.net Or from a link in Bomet County website, www.bomet.go.ke Manual applications will not be accepted.
3. Documents for purposes of complying with Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, will be required from those who will be shortlisted.
4. Only shortlisted and successful applicants will be contacted.
• Salary and benefits: As per the guidelines provided by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission
‘The County Government of Bomet is an equal opportunity employer; women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply’.
Public Service Board
P.O. Box 605-20400