DEPARTMENT OF FINANCE AND ECONOMIC PLANNING
1. County Director Internal Audit – JG ‘R’ (1position)
The County Director Internal Audit will administratively report to the Chief Officer – Finance and Economic Planning and functionally to the Audit Committee. An officer at this level will be based at the County Headquarters and will be responsible for co-ordination of activities of the Internal Audit Directorate.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Head the day to day activities of the internal audit directorate of the County Government.
• Co-ordinate the implementation of the Internal Control Framework to streamline Internal Control and Risk Management systems in the County Government.
• Review the internal control framework and consistently ensure its compliance.
• Co-ordinate and facilitate the development and implementation of the formal risk management framework.
• Co-ordinate departmental audits, document audit procedures, developing criteria, review and analyze evidence, and document processes and procedures.
• Identify, develop and document audit issues and recommendations.
• Co-ordinate and liaise with external auditors to ensure external audits and financial reporting processes are efficient and effective.
• Conduct appropriate governance and performance assessment exercises so as to streamline the county’s performance and governance processes.
• Lead in the development of the County Audit Charter and Annual Audit Work Plan.
• Perform any other related duties as may be assigned from time to time.
• Have excellent report writing skills
• Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
• Have a practical knowledge of computer systems, including internet navigation, CAATs and various Microsoft office applications
• Be a team player and strategic thinker
• Have sound leadership and management skills
• Be self-driven and able to work within tight deadlines
• Served for cumulative ten (10) years, three (3) of which should have been at the grade of Principal Internal Auditor, Job Group ‘M’ and above or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service;
• Bachelor’s degree in any of the following discipline: Commerce, (Accounting or Finance option), Business management, business administration, Economics, or any other relevant field.
• Must be in possession of CPA (K)/ACCA and registered with the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) and the Institute of Internal Auditors Kenya (IAA-K) in good standing.
• A certificate in Senior Management Course from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
• Possession of a relevant Master’s Degree will be considered an added advantage
• Well conversant with Public Financial Management Laws and Regulations.
All applicants Must fulfill Chapter six of the constitution requirement
Salary Scale: The salary, allowances and other benefits attached to these positions will be as determined by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission and other recognized CBAs as applicable.
Terms of Service: All the above posts shall be on a three (3) year contract term renewable based on satisfactory performance.
“Vihiga County is an Equal opportunity employer”
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application with copies of their National Identity/passport, Academic & Professional certificates to the undersigned.
Key responsibilities and job specifications for the above positions are available on the official County websites www.vihiga.go.ke.
All application from interested and qualified candidates should be submitted on or before 26th day of October 2020
Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SECRETARY/CEO VIHIGA COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O BOX 880-50300