DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE, LIVESTOCK, FISHERIES AND COOPERATIVES
3. County Director Of Fisheries-Job Group R (1 Post)
Duties and Responsibilities
• Promotion of aquaculture development
• Capacity building along fish value chain
• Fish inspection, quality assurance and market development
• Management of inland fisheries including dams and shallow water reservoirs
• Fisheries policy formulation and implementation and issuance of requisite fisheries licences and permits
• Enhancing aquaculture development through production and dissemination of quality brood stock, fish seed
• Formulation and implementation of long-term and short-term Fisheries development projects and programmes
• Facilitating partnership and collaboration with other stakeholders in the fisheries sector
• Member of the Ministerial Human Resource Advisory Committee
• Preparation of Fisheries recurrent and development budget estimates and procurement plans for the directorate
• Any other duty that may be assigned by the Chief Officer
• Member of Departmental Management Committee
• Reporting to the Chief Officer Department of Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Cooperatives
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:-
• Served in the grade of Deputy Director of Fisheries Job Group Q for a minimum period of three (3) years or in a comparable and relevant position in the public Service for a minimum period of ten (10) years;
• Bachelor’s degree in Fisheries, Aquaculture or any other relevant professional qualification from a recognized university
• Master’s degree in Fisheries, Aquaculture or any other relevant professional qualification from a recognized university (Mandatory);
• Certificate in senior management not less than four weeks or equivalent
• Proficiency in computer applications
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
All applicants Must fulfill Chapter six of the constitution requirement
Salary Scale: The salary, allowances and other benefits attached to these positions will be as determined by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission and other recognized CBAs as applicable.
Terms of Service: All the above posts shall be on a three (3) year contract term renewable based on satisfactory performance.
“Vihiga County is an Equal opportunity employer”
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application with copies of their National Identity/passport, Academic & Professional certificates to the undersigned.
Key responsibilities and job specifications for the above positions are available on the official County websites www.vihiga.go.ke.
All application from interested and qualified candidates should be submitted on or before 26th day of October 2020
Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SECRETARY/CEO VIHIGA COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O BOX 880-50300