REPUBLIC OF KENYA MIGORI COUNTY GOVERNMENT
OFFICE OF THE COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
1. County Director of Medical Services JG CPSB 03 ONE (1) POST. REF/MCPSB/252/2020
A person appointed as County Director of Medical Services shall.
i. Be a County Director of Medical Practitioner registered by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council or Pharmacy and Poison’s Board;
ii. Be at least a holder of a Master’s degree in Public health, medicine or any other health related discipline; and
iii. Have at least five years’ experience in management of health services at a senior management position.
Roles and Responsibilities
The County Director of Medical Services shall
i.Be the technical advisor on all matters relating to health within the County.
ii. Be the technical advisor to the County Health Executive Committee Member and the Governor;
iii. Supervise all health services within the County;
iv. Promote the public health and the prevention , limitation or suppression of infectious, communicable or preventable diseases within the County;
v. Promote and facilitate research and investigations in connection with the prevention or treatment of human diseases;
vi. Prepare and publish reports and statistical or other information relative to the public health within the County;
vii. Report periodically to the director –General for health on all public occurrences including diseases outbreaks, disasters and any other health matters; and
viii. Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the appointing authority and any other written law.
HOW TO APPLY
1. All applications should be submitted in a sealed A4 envelope clearly marked on the top left side indicating the reference number for position applied for and addressed to:
Migori County Public Service Board
P.O Box 365- 40400, Suna
2. Hand delivered applications should be dropped at the offices of the Migori County Public Service Board located at Nyamome along Namba – Masara road adjacent to Nyamome SDA church.
3. All applications should reach the Secretary/CEO Migori County Public Service Board on or before Thursday 21st January, 2021 at 5:00pm.
4. Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original identity cards, academic and
professional certificates and testimonials.
5. For candidates to meet the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010,
applicants must obtain the following clearance:
• Tax compliance certificate from KRA
• Clearance certificate from HELB
• Clearance certificate from Ethics and Anticorruption Commission (EACC)
• Certificate of good conduct from Criminal Investigation Department
• Women, People Living with Disabilities and Marginalized Groups are encouraged to apply,
• Only shortlisted and successful candidate will be contacted;
• Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
Migori County Public Service Board is AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.