Analyze credit information
- Promptly evaluating credit data of both current and potential borrowers to determine the level of creditworthiness.
- Reviewing financial statements of borrowers in order to recommend payment plans.
- Reviewing the Credit history information from Credit Bureaus and making use of that in determining credit decisions.
- Assist in the development, maintaining and improving credit scorecards.
- Prepare reports and report monthly on the performance of the different credit options/strategies being used by the organization and their effectiveness in ensuring minimal exposure to risk.
- Revamping and consistently improving the credit scoring logic to establish accurate levels of risk of the customer segments.
Collaboration with the other departments
- Collaborate with the data and technical teams responsible for developing machine learning models useful in credit.
- Collaborate with our collections team and incorporate insights and suggestions and necessary changes as observed in customer loan repayment history.
- Collaboration in coming up with structure and data warehousing essential to the organizational long term goals
- Periodically review and update the department’s FAQs and the credit handbook for easy reference by other members.
- Monthly audit and reporting on the different credit risk profiles
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or other business-related fields.
- One to three years of strong quantitative experience.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office and general computer use.
- Ability to effectively manage competing deadlines for projects in a high-pressure work environment, with varying degrees of supervision.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to notice discrepancies in data.
- Impeccable understanding of financial literacy – statements, ratios, and concepts.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Quick learner and eager to explore difficulties.
- Good data manipulation skills
If interested, kindly send your CVwith the subject line “Credit Analyst”.