Your responsibilities as a Credit Analyst will include identifying, evaluating and monitoring the non-performing loan accounts and implementing a recovery action plan to achieve timely and maximum recovery at a minimal cost and appropriate turn-around time. To be successful in this role, you should have a good understanding of lending procedures, analytical skills and a good negotiator.
1. Contact borrowers deemed at risk and recover outstanding balances;
2. Planning and implementing a course of action to recover outstanding loans;
3. Keeping and maintaining collections records with the use of relevant software such as MS Office;
4. Track and locate borrowers through the necessary means to begin the recovery process;
5. Visit uncontactable borrowers and negotiate payment terms.
6. Preparation of daily analytics and reporting on assigned portfolio performance;
7. Monitor performance of loans and recommend remedial measures in consultation with the Credit Manager;
8. Regularly follow up overdue balances within agreed timescales;
9. Maintain sound relationships with borrowers;
10. Handling of account reminders to all active borrowers as shall be directed;
11. Work together with the team to develop sound credit policies;
12. Ensure debt collection and recovery procedures are followed to the latter in accordance with the company risk policies and procedures;
13. Enhancement of customer service, ensuring all customer queries/complaints are conclusively resolved within the required timeline.
1. At least 3 years experience in a fast paced lending business environment;
2. A Bachelors in a business related field;
3. Professional training in credit will be an added advantage;
4. Hands-on experience with lending procedures and products;
5. Proficiency in the use of Ms. Office & Google spreadsheets;
6. Prior experience in debt collection will be an added advantage;
7. Flexibility to work over weekends.
● Time management
● Judgment and decision-making aptitude;
● Demonstrated integrity and ethical standards;
● Problem-solving and analytical ability.
How to Apply
Send updated CV and cover letter by 30th October 2021.