• Bachelor in Commerce (Accounting Major) or any other related course.
• CPA-II is an added advantage.
• At least 5 years working experience.
• Team player.
• Attention to detail.
• Excellent networking and negotiation skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Hospital experience is an added advantage.
• Ensure that debts are paid in a timely manner.
• Meet cash & debtor day targets set by the Firm.
• Collaborate with team members to facilitate the delivery of effective billing services and follow-up to all customers to promote account reconciliation.
• Identify changes in payment patterns and propose action to avert indebtedness.
• Handle disputed bills and negotiate to bring payment within the agreed terms.
• Send out monthly client statements/letters as may be agreed from time to time.
• You are expected to regularly review the company’s debt recovery procedures.
• Providing ad-hoc report as and when requested by management. This will include: List of current debtors on different aging analysis, Amount of money collected, follow ups done so far in effort to and a work plan on how to recover debts.
• Have specific operational knowledge of assigned insurance billing contract, agreements and responsibilities in reviewing and following up aged debt.
• Resolve incoming queries promptly on billing or outstanding accounts from patients, insurance companies, consultants or colleagues in a professional and efficient manner.
• Be aware of all payment methods available to the organization and be knowledgeable in payment collection processes, be competent in processing and formatting of payment listings.
• Promote and maintain strong relationships with the health insurance companies for the follow up of aging accounts and account queries.
• Participate in all audits, service evaluations and process reviews to enhance the collection of outstanding payments.
• Ensure close liaison between the credit controller the finance department and the marketing department so that credit issues are resolved smoothly.
• Comply with departmental and hospital policies and guidelines.
• Post payments to accounts and allocate as required.
• Any other as may be assigned from time to time.