Department Corporate services
Reports to Head of corporate services
• This is a fast paced and challenging role and if you enjoy this building relationships and minimizing debt will offer fantastic job satisfaction. You will be joining a friendly and supportive team.
• The role will involve the use of email and excel on a daily basis so you will need to confident in both areas with excellent literacy.
• You will be excellent communicator able to establish and maintain good relationships with key customer contacts to facilitate quick query identification and resolution as well as payment to terms.
• The role requires adoption and strict adherence to set internal policy / process.
• We require you to be able to meet tight deadlines, and work effectively and efficiently under pressure
• The purpose of this role is to take ownership and accountability for the credit control activities for your assigned, minimize bad debt whilst maximizing profit through chasing debtors, ensuring prompt allocation of cash to achieve targets in accordance with Company Credit Management Policies.
• This role will have responsibility for contacting Galaxy hospital customers in accordance with our Credit Control processes and procedures, chasing outstanding payments and finding solutions to credit control issues on a case by case basis. You will manage high volume and high value accounts, regularly liaising with customers to identify queries and invoices which must be paid,
• You will work closely with internal stakeholders to achieve targets and resolve outstanding queries. You will provide copy invoices/statements at the end of every month, liaise internally to identify and refer accounts to the CFO/Administrator which may require escalation, queries which cannot be resolved, high forecasted overdue, Bad Debts, and so forth.
• You will have accountability for efficiently logging customer contact and queries/issues as they are raised, ensuring they are successfully resolved in the most efficient and time-effective manner.
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables
• Be knowledgeable of full remit of Business Office processes and their effect hospital-wide.
• Have specific operational knowledge of assigned insurance billing contract, agreements and responsibilities in reviewing and following up aged debt.
• Be cognizant of responsibility of credit controller role in affecting hospital cash-flow.
• Follow key processes and procedures in completing credit control tasks to quality standards.
• Be competent in the use of the IT structure and processes that support business office processes and credit control.
• Collaborate with team members to facilitate the delivery of effective billing services and follow-up to all customers to promote account reconciliation.
• Manage assigned list by ensuring the timeliness and accuracy of billings, collections, contractual postings, payments and adjustments of accounts based upon functional standards.
• Resolve incoming queries on billing or outstanding accounts from patients, insurance companies or colleagues in a professional and efficient manner.
• Responsible for updating system notes with account activity, status and expected reimbursement. Applying reminders on account to ensure full follow through by relevant insurance group.
• Have sufficient knowledge or access to knowledge to provide correct information with regard to fees, excesses or co-payments on individual policies or individual procedures.
• Be aware of all payment methods available to Galaxy hospital and be knowledgeable in payment collection processes, be competent in processing and formatting of payment listings.
• Be self-motivated with a high capacity for responsibility and individual initiative while working within the team dynamic
• Demonstrate an ability to prioritize work and handle large volumes of activity.
• Excellent organizational skills and as well as A good level of English is required
• Working as a Credit Controller you will find many opportunities to improve your professional skills and you will learn a lot about credit law and the in-house systems from your more experienced colleagues
• The dignity of all patients will be respected together with their absolute right to confidentiality. Workings of the hospital or its patients will not be discussed with people outside the hospital, save as appropriate in the case of authorization by the management.
• Documents or property of the hospital will not be removed from the hospital without prior authorization.
• Upon cessation of employment in the hospital all property of the hospital held by the employee will be surrendered to the Human Resource Department. Galaxy Hospital.
This job description is intended to be an outline of the areas of responsibility and deliverables at the time of its writing. As the Hospital and the post holder develop, this job description may be subject to review in light of the changing needs of the Hospital.