• Ensure recruitment of competent, motivated and productive staff.
• Ensure that the members of staff receive appropriate orientation to the Company.
• Provide sound leadership, supervision and management of the staff through appropriate performance management, appraisals, training, mentoring and coaching.
• Oversee the performance, training, mentoring and coaching of staff assigned.
• Ensure compliance with approved budgets including prudent and timely spending.
• Ensure timely reporting of performance and activities.
• Ensure compliance to legislation, agreements with clients, highest standards of operational efficiency and quality of service to clients.
• Lead in review of the Credit Policy and development of risk management strategies.
• Supervise implementation of the Credit Policy and risk management strategies.
• Ensure in-depth analysis of all credit applications to determine risks involved in granting the respective credits.
• Coordinate background checks for loan applicants.
• Undertake business and home visits to large credit applicants for purposes of investigation of credit worthiness and relationship building.
• Review and recommend appropriate pricing for approved loans.
• Develop and supervise implementation of credit scoring models and methods used in analysis of client information.
• Review, approve or reject credit recommendations by staff supervised.
• Undertake securities perfection including various collaterals.
• Establish and maintain relationships with third parties to obtain information on customers’ credit
• Generate loan contracts for approved loans ensuring terms and conditions are hardcoded in the letters of offer.
• Coordinate movement of files between the Organization and Company Lawyers.
• Compile application documentation for review by the Credit Committee.
• Attend, present reports and take minutes during the Credit Committee sittings.
• Ensure timely valuation renewals after contract expiry.
• Continuous professional development to keep up with current industry trends.
• Prepare and submit timely reports and information for decision-making.
• Supervise implementation of the Customer Service Chatter.
• Monitor compliance to Customer Service procedures, policies and standards.
• Supervise provision of information and advice to customers on products, services and account information.
• Review and action feedback from all departments on issues regarding customers.
• Review and recommend changes in customer’s loan application forms.
• Determine customer service requirements by evaluating and re-designing processes, conducting surveys, benchmarking best practices and analyzing customer feedback and recommendations.
• Any other duties as may be assigned.
1. Adherence to policies on verification and appraising loan applications.
2. Effective and profitable pricing models.
3. Reduction in bad loans.
4. Effective verification of loan applicants.
5. Timely and efficient processing of applications.
6. Timely and accurate loan contracts.
7. Timely and accurate Credit Committee minutes.
8. Accurate and updated credit records.
9. Timely and effective responses to issues arising.
10. Timely and accurate reports.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience and Personal Attributes
Qualifications & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Banking from a recognized institution
• At least 5 years working experience in a credit related role as a team leader in the financial industry
• Proficiency in ICT with strong MS Office and internet ability
• Ability to interact effectively with all levels of Management and Stakeholders from varied backgrounds
• Strong analytical and mathematical skills
• Communication and interpersonal skills
• Planning and organization skills
• Problem solving skills
Key Personal Attributes
• Team player
• Confidentiality and integrity
• Confident and assertive demeanor
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
• Good business sense and commercial awareness
• Ability to make firm and clear decisions
• Willingness to travel on short notice