Vitol Agencies seeks to hire a well-experienced Credit Officer tasked with the implementation and oversight of the company’s credit policies and procedures.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:2 years
The incumbent of this position shall work with customers to collect their outstanding debts by organizing and keeping track of outstanding debt accounts, contacting debtors to learn more about their payment status, negotiating payments and payment plans with customers, investigating certain payment discrepancies and working to resolve them for and on behalf on the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Formulate, review and implement Credit Control Policies and Procedures
• Ensure credit and collection policies and procedures are followed within the team
• Maintain accurate records of receivables, analyze the effectiveness of the organization’s credit control system and implement changes to improve profitability and reduce bad debts
• Reconciliation of the subsidiary company AR (Accounts Receivables) accounts to the general ledger accounts to match the AR in the general ledger accounts
• Hold regular meetings with the Marketing team to update them on the Sales Reports for the Corporate Accounts
• Hold regular meetings with credit clients to resolve pending queries and disputes to maintain good working relations
• Ensure timely payments while maintaining a high level of client retention and satisfaction
• Receipt all payments and update client accounts
• Conduct monthly credit account reconciliation and send credit statement to clients
• Improve and implement debt collection processes when there are any overdue invoices or payments, and initiate legal procedures if necessary
• Staff supervision and allocation of client accounts to the team for follow-up
• Ensure that team meets debt collection targets
• Negotiate payment plans with clients and set up credit terms and conditions
• Handle disputed bills and resolve any conflicts with clients by coming up with amicable solutions
• Issue Credit Notes where applicable as per the organization’s policy
• Respond promptly and completely to both client and internal enquiries
• Propose write-off of irrecoverable receivables per company policy
• Provide ad-hoc reporting as and when requested by management
• Regularly follow up overdue invoices by telephone, email & letter within agreed timescales
• Maintain accurate records of all communication with clients and credit statements
• Other duties as delegated from time to time by the Financial Controller or anyone designated by him.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured