Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to
work with children. We also provide equal employment to all
participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Activity Overview and Role:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical and managerial support to strengthen structured cross-border trade in RAMS value chains and improve capacity to respond to shocks and stresses. Focus value chains include but are not limited to: livestock, climate resilient staple crops, and nutrient-rich horticulture.
- Lead efforts to identify cross-border value chain constraints and address barriers that limit trade competitiveness.
- Develop action plans for focus value chains in collaboration with other stakeholders such as private sector lead firms, input supply dealers, producer organizations, banks and insurance companies, regional intergovernmental bodies (i.e., EAC, COMESA, IGAD), national governments, USAID, USDA and other actors.
- Forge value chain-specific, business-led partnerships to stimulate cross-border trade.
- Identify new opportunities for regional cross-border trade and facilitate medium- to long-term private sector investment in value chain systems, supporting industries, and infrastructure.
- Oversee provision of technical assistance and grants to the private sector and across value chains to increase competitiveness, diversify production/exports, support capacity building, and any other relevant efforts required to expand cross-border trade and strengthen regional market systems.
- Improve the capacity of value chain actors, including private sector firms, financial institutions, agro-dealers, and regional organizations to facilitate cross-border agriculture trade, and overcome barriers to trade.
- Share results and learning with project leadership, Palladium, and USAID.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, economics, international trade, or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Seven to 10 years of relevant professional experience implementing trade and market systems interventions within the East African context.
- Ability to establish effective, long-term partnerships and market linkages among private-sector actors and demonstrated ability to provide TA in strengthening value chains and building private sector firm-level capacity.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with intergovernmental, private sector, and governmental representatives, particularly at the regional level.
- Prior USAID or donor experience preferred.
- Strong preference for Kenyan and East African citizens.