Nature of Job: Full time
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Receive declaration / documentation instructions from clients
• Professionally carry out customs declaration while observing utmost accuracy to avoid customs rejections and punitive measures and co-ordinate processing of customs clearance documentation
• Eliminate delays and customs offences
• Continuously monitor operations and guard against fraudulent
• Attain a seamless flow of all sea freight documentation.
• To undertake specific Declarations in a Fast and timely input of shipping data for the generation of customs entry declaration for all shipments.
• Maintain an updated and effective contact with customs on all new regulations as well as reporting to the management on any changes in business procedures.
• To eliminate delays and avoid customs offences by declaring timely and correct tariffs
• To ensure proper consultation between client, company and customs
Key Qualifications and Skills
• Diploma in Clearing and Forwarding or KRATI Training Certificate
• Over 5 Years’ experience as a Custom Declaration officer
• Conversant with lodging of IDF and C17B
• Simba systems experience, with Kentrade, Kwatos system in a busy forwarding or logistics firm
• Conversant with shipping line procedures
• Knowledge in customs law, tariffs, classifications and valuations method
• Team player and result oriented
Salary Range: 80,000- 90,000