Only applications received via BrighterMonday will be considered. Any phone calls, emails or other types of canvassing may lead to your application being disqualified.
Please do not apply if you do not meet the minimum requirements set out below.
Cigna is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. Cigna has almost 40,000 employees who service 85 million customer relationships throughout the world.
Within its international division, a dedicated unit focuses on the needs of International Organisations. This unit, headquartered in Belgium, has over 50 years of experience in designing, implementing and managing international group health insurance and employee benefits programs for international and locally recruited staff from Intergovernmental (IGO) and Nongovernmental (NGO) Organisations. These programs cover medical as well as incapacity, disability and life benefits, with a specific focus on keeping employees healthy and productive through a range of health and well-being services.
The International Organisations unit is specialised in servicing customers in remote areas as well as central hubs with five service centres in each time zone (Miami, Antwerp, Madrid, Nairobi and Kuala Lumpur) and local representations on every continent.
Cigna office in Kenya is growing rapidly and operates as a “liaison office”, providing administrative support to its parent company in Belgium, in relation with health insurance administration service.
For our Nairobi Office we are looking for a Customer Service Supervisor to run the growing Eligibility Department.
As a supervisor you will support the Team Manager in managing a team of Eligibility Customer Service Representatives in Nairobi. Key to the role will be developing and coaching the team to deliver a high-quality customer centric service offering.
Your role includes:
• Review and assess inventory levels co-ordinating daily allocations and planning ahead to maximise staffing levels to maximise results.
• Set team and individual goals and actively follow up on them
• Ensure that productivity, quality and customer satisfaction, are managed within own team and motivation of the individuals and team to achieve the operational KPI’s
• Being proactive in identifying improvement/enhancement opportunities and be active in seeking and sharing ideas for innovation in business processes.
• Striving to provide excellent service to our members and clients
• Ensure strong employee engagement within the team, including day to day oversight, motivation, conflict management, training, wellbeing and performance by providing coaching and skill development in collaboration with the Management Team.
• Ensure appropriate performance management actions are taken
• Having quarterly check-in conversations with all team members
• Promote a culture of continuous improvement and be fully responsible for the implementation of new ways of working and the measurement of the results in alignment with the broader Strategy and in coordination with the Management Team
• Taking ownership of any escalated cases and provide updates to the Team manager on any issues
• Proactively address and/or escalate any risks to the Team Manager
• Developing/maintaining proactive/effective business relationships, both internally and externally to ensure a seamless delivery of service. Actively encourage all team members to do likewise.
• Being able to represent the Organisation during client visits, absences, stakeholder meetings, or act as a relationship manager towards some our strategic partners.
• Strong performance track record
• International mind-set, with holistic and able to work remotely with peers across locations
• Active and fluent in at least English and French, an extra language may be desirable
• 2 years of Cigna experience, or relevant leadership experience in other functions/companies - ideally Healthcare/Insurance company/Financial Services
• Experience and/or interest in coaching, managing, developing and motivating individuals
• Experience in complaint management - with a proven track record in improving customer service standards
• Strong presentation skills, and knowledge of Window tools, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Windows
• A growth mindset with a positive attitude towards change and the ability to play an active role in implementing change initiatives.
• Excellent interpersonal skills: strong empathy and listening skills, strong articulation and communication skills
• Competency to build a team and create an atmosphere of positive collaboration, innovation and creative solutioning among the team members
• Action-orientated problem-solving attitude
• Excellent organisation, planning and prioritisation skills
• Able to seek out best practice in order to effectively deal with diverse, complex and highly sensitive issues
• Results orientated – ability to cascade and translate goals, establish plans and manage work to achieve desired outcomes. Create meaningful business related metrics and track progress/results
• Accountability – assume ownership for achieving personal results and collective team goals
• Analytical and proactive: questions current work procedures and suggests ways to meet deadlines without compromising quality.
• Personal flexibility
• Ideally will have French language
• A challenging job in an international and growing enterprise.
• A dynamic, and entrepreneurial company culture that values and stimulates initiative.
• Competitive Salary gross with extralegal benefits and international medical cover.