Strengthen customer relationships:
- Build relationships with the bank’s customers, help them with issues, and continually delight them with a positive, customer-centric attitude.
Advocacy for the customer:
- Feel responsible for advocating the needs of customers while capturing customer feedback and reporting requests to the relevant product administration and development departments/teams to ensure the bank’s decisions always consider the voice of the customer. Further, work closely with all the relevant bank staff/representatives to ensure an exceptional customer experience and take care of any customer issues.
Advocacy for the bank:
- Act as personal cheerleaders for the bank’s business explaining to customers why you can meet their specific needs. This positive reputation will not only keep your customers satisfied, but it will also encourage them to refer their friends. Since the role works one-on-one with customers, they have an opportunity to significantly influence your customer base.
On-board new customers:
- Become an expert in and educate customers on the use and benefits of the bank’s products and services and by focusing on product features the customers need to learn.
- Efficiently manage time to focus on essential activities to ensure customer satisfaction, account renewal, and account growth
Development and sharing of best customer success practices:
- Develop and share best practices with team members to continually improve the quality, effectiveness, and efficiency of the bank’s processes
- Grow the bank’s revenue base by effectively managing customer retention
Encourage up-sells and cross-sells:
- Work with customers to ensure they are leveraging effectively and finding value in the bank’s products and services
- Identify market growth / cross-sell opportunities to increase product holdings and improved revenues.
- Grow and foster the growth of the bank’s brand. Ensure brand compliance for all above-the-line and below-the-line communication according to bank standards.
- Participating in the recruitment, promotion and development of team members as and when it becomes necessary
- Retention of staff: Manage attrition and exits as per agreed parameters
- Steer any issues on disciplinary, complaints and grievance in liaison with the line manager
- Motivation of staff through agreed programmes
- Mentorship and personal goals identification and ensuring business targets align to personal targets
- Coaching of staff to achieve business goals
- Providing general support to the team under his/her purview as and when required Market Intelligence
- Keeping abreast of market competition, industry practices and best practices to constantly improve on overall business performance.
- Responsible for compliance with business procedure manuals
- The jobholder is responsible for compiling reports for any necessary regulatory reporting (where applicable). Line manager and CEO must be informed of all external communications to regulators
- University degree from an institution recognized by Commission for Higher Education.
- Possession of Communications or Marketing Degree an added advantage
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; must be social; possess impressive executive presence and communication abilities i.e. possess exceptional ability to communicate and foster positive customer relationships
- Minimum 3 years of experience in customer service or client-facing position strongly preferred; Knowledge of customer success processes
- Experience working with brand image and promoting value through customer experience
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (e.g. business development, Product, Marketing, Support, etc)
- Highly organized and able to multi-task; and personal organization are essential
- Self-driven and proactive nature; Performance driven – takes the initiative to set and achieve challenging work goals for self and her/his team
- Demonstrate strong leadership and presentation qualities – Job holder to either possess or show potential for strong leadership skills; experience in managing a team with diverse group members and training each group according to company standards
- Ability to establish milestones and keep all team members on task
- Passion for service
- Have high personal integrity levels; maintains utmost confidentiality of information in their possession
- Have great attention to detail