He or she will report to their Strategy and Ops team. The ideal candidate will be able to quickly understand and manipulate data sets while drawing out the important insights and conclusions from the data.
• Support business decision making through creating structured analyses to identify and quantify insights as a guide.
• Run scenarios in production management tool and work with senior production and operations personnel (including COO) to share relevant insights.
• Identify opportunities to improve current business processes leveraging data.
• Create, populate, and share regular reports to heads of departments for review.
• Create ad-hoc analysis as requested by peers or senior management.
• Have advanced data analysis/manipulation skills including experience in Excel, R, and VBA.
• Rapidly learn other people’s models and programs and quickly become an expert on how to use them.
• Leverage data and models to answer key business questions and drive organizational improvement.
• Be organized and enjoy working with models.
• Rapidly structure and systematically solve ambiguous problems with data.
• Work well with others- both on their team, as well as colleagues across the organization.
• Independently own and drive work with minimal guidance from senior leadership.
• Have a minimum of 3 years' experience in aquaculture. (Preferable but not essential).
Monthly gross salary: Kes 45,000 (Approx. 450 USD).
Position level: Lowe Mid-level.
Location: Homabay, Kenya.
We endeavour to contact all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***