Corsali uses machine learning and artificial intelligence to make the impossible possible for businesses and organizations around the world. Leveraging our suite of in-house tools and our global team of experts in machine learning, data science, data annotation, and data collection, Corsali creates a seamless machine learning experience that allow our clients to explore a whole new frontier of possibilities.
As an ethical, mission-driven company, we believe that machine learning can unlock new economic opportunities for businesses and for individuals throughout the supply chain. By leveraging crypto-currency and prioritizing accessibility, Corsali is able to provide digital work to skilled micro-entrepreneurs throughout the world, empowering the next generation of innovators and generating positive impact in the communities in which we work.
What you’ll do:
As a Data Collection Specialist, you will be responsible for ensuring optimum productivity and quality in the collection, annotation, and enrichment of large sets that will be used to develop Corsali’s machine learning tools. This will include ensuring operational excellence across our global network of micro-entrepreneurs.
Some of your day-to-day duties will include:
- Development of effective and optimal methodologies for the collection and annotation of large datasets.
- End-to-end management of data collection and annotation processes, including project scoping, production, quality-assurance, cleaning and delivery.
- Management of large decentralized teams of micro-entrepreneurs from around the world, including the development and deployment of learning aids to ensure successful completion of projects.
- Management of relationships with external partners that support the execution of these functions in line with Corsal’s high standards of ethics and social impact.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have:
- Relevant university qualifications, experience, or a demonstrable interest in data analytics, quantitative research methods, M&E, or field research.
- Experience with developing and deploying methodologies to obtain large sets of data, preferably in emerging markets.
- Confidence working with data analysis tools such as Excel, SQL, or Python.
- Experience with data cleaning and structuring, preferably for the purpose of developing training data for machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- Deep empathy for people living and working in emerging markets, and their unique circumstances.
- Self-motivation, a can-do attitude and a genuine desire to generate positive impact in the world.
It would also be great if you have:
- Experience working with data annotation or data collection platforms such as LabelBox, Remotasks, FigureEight.
- Experience in managing commercial partnerships with outsourcing providers and BPOs.
- Skills and experience in impact evaluation, social impact analysis, and/or ESG.
What we offer
The successful candidate will be joining an incredibly diverse expert team with backgrounds at places like Harvard, MIT, Google, Facebook, and Microsoft, who are all passionate about leveraging AI and machine learning to make a positive impact on the world. At Corsali, we are big on collaboration and supporting each other to learn, grow, and excel in our individual pursuits. In addition to joining the Corsali family, the successful candidate will receive:
- A competitive salary and the option to be paid in crypto
- Flexible work schedule
- Flexible vacation
How to apply
Please don’t send us a standard cover letter. Instead, we’d like you to respond to a couple of simple questions that will help us get to know who you are and what you can do.
- Why do you think you are a good fit for Corsali as a company and a good fit for this role in particular?
- Provide us with an example of a time when you were asked to work with (preferably manage) a large dataset. What was your role? What were some of the challenges you faced? How did you handle these challenges?
- Provide us with an example of how you have used creativity/ingenuity to overcome a sticky problem. It can be a problem that you encountered at work or in some other aspect of your life.
Try to keep your responses short (but it is up to you how long you want to make them). You can send them via "Apply Now Button". Because of the volume of applications we typically receive, we will only be considering applications that respond to the above questions.
**Just to clarify again, please don’t send us just a standard cover letter; simply respond to the questions.**
To build technology and products that are used and loved by people and solve real-world problems, we need to build a team with many different perspectives and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We want to know your unique story and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.