Reporting to the Data Analyst, the Data Specialist will be responsible for the data management procedures of the various sites within the study area. S/he will be expected to work on various databases and therefore should be able to prioritize tasks to meet set deadlines.
- Minimum Qualification:Diploma
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:2 years
Opening date: November 23, 2022
Vacancy No: CGHR/327/11/22
Program description: The Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI), Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine (LSTM) and the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is conducting a large community-based study of Attractive Targeted Sugar Bait (ATSB) aimed at reducing malaria transmission in western Kenya. This project is part of a larger international ATSB consortium involving three countries in Africa, and international partners in the UK and USA. This study is currently ongoing in Siaya County. The project seeks to fill the following position:
Position: Data Specialist J/G KMR 8 (1 position)
Duration: One (1) year with a possibility of extension
Reports To: Data Analyst
▪ Diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics or Statistics
▪ Certificate in Clinical Research, e.g Good Clinical Practice (GCP), International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) guidelines etc
Knowledge and skills
▪ Knowledge in use of at least one statistical package; preferably STATA or R
▪ Ability to use Open Data Kit (ODK)/ CommCare and other web-based and tablet-based data capture systems
▪ Ability to use MS Excel including developing macros and consolidating data from multiple Excel spreadsheets
▪ Good organizational skills
▪ Flexible and able to work well with minimum supervision
Job Summary: Reporting to the Data Analyst, the Data Specialist will be responsible for the data management procedures of the various sites within the study area. S/he will be expected to work on various databases and therefore should be able to prioritize tasks to meet set deadlines.
Specific duties and responsibilities
▪ Conduct 100% source data verification, validation, and discrepancy management
▪ Perform data cleaning, quality assurance and control
▪ Ensure all missing data are captured in compliance to Good Clinical Practice (GCP) standards and within strict study timelines
▪ Troubleshoot and solve common electronic data capture system problems
▪ Ensure timely and accurate data entry and validation
▪ Provide field support to the study teams, as needed
▪ Ensure timely response to data requests
▪ Perform any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor
Terms of Employment: This is a one-year (1) contract as per KEMRI scheme of service and a probation period for the first 3 months. Salary negotiable within the appropriate grade depending on education, experience and demonstrated competency.
Applications should include the following:
▪ Letter of Application (Indicate Vacancy Number)
▪ Current Curriculum Vitae with telephone number and e-mail address
▪ Letters of reference from your referees
▪ Copies of Certificates and transcripts
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply through post to Deputy Director, CGHR, P. O. Box 1578-40100 Kisumu not later than December 20, 2022.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITED TO DIVERSITY; PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS SELECTION PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured