Kidogo is a social enterprise that improves access to high-quality, affordable early childhood care & education in East Africa’s low-income communities. We partner with local women (“Mamapreneurs”) to start or grow their own childcare centres through a social franchising approach. We provide Mamapreneurs with training, mentorship and support tools so that they can give children in their care the best start to life, while their mothers go to work for the day. Kidogo currently operates in 20+ communities across seven counties and has plans to expand across Kenya and beyond. For more information, visit our website: www.kidogo.co
WHO YOU’LL BE WORKING WITH
The Kidogo Family is a fun, passionate, driven group of young (and young at heart) people who are creating a world where every child, no matter where they were born, has the opportunity to reach their full potential. You will be situated within Kidogo’s M&E department.
• Design, setup, maintain, and continually improve dashboards, databases and data-related processes across the organization
• Assisting in M&E data cleaning, synthesis, and analysis, including use of statistical tools to effectively interpret and utilize data to measure impact and continually improve our program.
• Collaborating with other departments within the company to help them improve their data-related processes, and contribute to nurturing a culture of data-driven decision making across the organization
• The ideal candidate will also be able to provide a minimal level of general IT support - e.g. network support/maintenance, Google Suite configuration/maintenance, staff tech support, etc.
• Identify and pursue new systems improvement opportunities
• Any other duties assigned by management
ATTRIBUTES OF A SUCCESSFUL DATA SYSTEMS ANALYST
• Do-er: You are efficient, organized and use your time effectively. You take initiative and have the ability to get the job done.
• Willing to learn: You have a willingness to listen, learn and adapt.
• Compassionate: You exercise empathy and treat all people with respect and dignity.
• Resourceful: You embody our value of doing more with less, while flexing your creativity and problem-solving skills.
EXPERIENCE & BACKGROUND:
You must have:
• Demonstrated experience (2+ years) with business intelligence and data analytics, especially using tools like PowerBI, Data Studio, Tableau, etc.
• Proven experience doing analytics and BI tasks in Excel and Google Sheets.
• Technical expertise regarding data models, database design and development, data mining and segmentation techniques
• Experience with version control systems (e.g. GitHub)
• Knowledge of statistical analysis and experience using statistical analysis packages (R, SPSS, SAS, etc) is strongly preferred
• Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, etc. is preferred
• Additional skills/experience in general IT support (network configuration/maintenance, Google/Gmail configuration, etc.) is an advantage
Modest starting salary with opportunity for performance-based bonuses and upward career trajectory.
We’ll also celebrate your birthday with cake!