Duties of the Role Holder;
• Role holder will be required to contact & notify customers details of their delinquent accounts
• Calling & visiting customers to negotiate payment for overdue accounts /arrange repayment plans/schedules
• Sending reminders/follow ups to customers who are due to make payments
• Receiving Payment Proposals/Payment Proof from clients and updating in our CRM System.
• To use various professional debt collection strategies/negotiation skills to ensure high debt recovery levels.
• Tracking/Updating any customer disputes or complaints and updating the same in the system ensuring they are resolved as per guidelines.
• Working on assigned accounts and keeping accurate and up-to-date diary system to ensure promises to pay are closely monitored/kept.
• Giving recommendations/discussion outcomes of assigned customers on the way forward. Eg Restructuring, Giving Full & Final discounts etc.
• To Rehabilitate debtors back to payment Plans as a retention strategy for our clients.
• Communicate with management and other team members about methods and strategies to ensure a positive rate of customers agreeing to repay their debts
• Graduate, Diploma or Certificate in a business/relevant field is preferred.
• Excellent communication, negotiation, persuasion and interpersonal Skills.
• Strong Analytical Skills / Good Problem Solving skills
• Good command in English and Kiswahili (spoken and written)
• Ability to positively connect with clients and encourage them to make payments toward debts owed
• Time management skills are essential to complete all required client calls daily
• Basic computer software skills and the ability to work within relevant data spreadsheets
• Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
• Attention to detail and the ability to reason and think quickly is essential for negotiating effectively
• Ability to Build trust with debtors.
NB; Experience as a debt collector may be an added advantage.