Job tittle Dental Assistant
Reports to the Dentist & Head of Front Office
1. Welcome patients into the dental treatment room.
2. Prepare patients for dental treatments, checkups, ensuring comfort and providing any instructions as advised by the dentist.
3. Prepare the treatment room, select and set up instruments equipment as well as material needed in the procedure room.
4. Duties to establish and maintain good and productive working relationships with members of the dental team.
5. Triage all dental patients and identify dental emergencies.
6. To ensure that all the surgical areas and equipment are regularly cleaned and maintained as per the infection control protocols.
7. Sterilize all the dental instruments and equipment and keep them well for easy access.
8. Provide oral hygiene and post-operative care instructions to clients/Patients.
9. To keep accurate records and to ensure that the record keeping methods are in line with the agreed practice policy, and current medico-legal guidelines.
10. Assist in the registration process of dental patients at the reception, assist with payment procedures and ensure that patients are reminded of their next dental appointments.
11. Ensure that all infection control protocols are observed at all times, both in the unit and the surroundings.
12. Assist the dentist in performing dental procedures.
13. Work at the Front Office according to the schedule provided. Duties will include customer care, billing and registration of clients
14. Any other duty(ies) as may be delegated to by the Supervisor or Management.
1. Knowledge of dental instruments and their relevance in each dental procedure
2. Knowledge of sterilization methods.
3. Good computer skills.
4. Excellent communication and People skills.
5. Well organized, reliable and must pay attention to detail.
6. Understanding of health and safety regulations.
7. At least 2 years of experience as dental assistant with relevant certification from a recognized institution.