Our client, one of the leading beer distributors whose responsibility is to deliver products to customers, relationship building and provision of a clear path for the sales and service to retail accounts seeks to hire a Depot Manager.
In close coordination with the sales manager the successful candidate is expected to;
• Assist in the increase of net sales of the company in their respective area.
• Liaise with customers and prospective customers to ensure that their needs are met & that a high-quality service is maintained.
• Ensuring the timely and precise administration function within the depot.
• Ensuring that a capable workforce is always available.
• Responsible for stock levels, correct management of ordering, billing, returns and adjustments to standing orders.
• Ensuring the management and maintenance of the fleet and ensuring timely deliveries
• Consult with the accountant for follow up on customer payments to ensure that payments are made on time and in accordance with company policy.
• Ensure that the company premises are maintained in accordance with company policy and in line with stipulated safety regulations.
• Prompt and accurate reporting of operational matters as required and in accordance to company guidelines.
• Maintain the attendance register for depot staff.
• Liaise with HR regarding staff discipline/ performance / employee relation issues and ensure action is carried out on the same if necessary
• Ensure the depot meets all the necessary statutory requirements and Maintain updated records of the same
• Maintain records of petty cash with accounts.
• Ensure zero variance between system stock & physical stock
• Manage stock levels and monitor stock movement cycles
• Maintain efficiency and cost effectiveness in distribution operations.
• Perform any other duties as may be required by management from time to time.
• Provide leadership to multidisciplinary teams to enable them develop, implement and evaluate strategic corporate plans and budgets aimed at improving organization performance.
• Develop and implement strategies for creating a high performing organizational culture based on transparency, integrity and accountability.
• Initiate and participate in organizational performance reviews and business process improvement programmes as well as undertake special investigations aimed at improving organizational effectiveness.
• Coordinate and implement training programs in Operations department, aimed at equipping staff with appropriate job competencies in order to improve the design and delivery of high quality services.
• Plan, monitor and evaluate the performance of staff against set targets and objectives and implementing development action plans aimed at building the capacity of individuals and multi-disciplinary teams
Qualification & Skills:
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in a Business-related course.
• 3+ Years experience managing a depot or related business unit.
• Experience in FMCG environment especially in the beverage industry shall be an added advantage
• Hands-on experience managing supply chain processes in a busy depot
• Experience with managing distribution vehicles
• Experience using ERP system like SAP will be an added advantage
• Computer skills – MS Word, Excel, Windows and PowerPoint.
• People management skills
• Excellent leadership skills & self driven
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent organization & presentation skills
• Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment
• Excellent analytical skills
Salary Range (Gross): 75,000 to 85,000 Kenya Shillings
Kindly apply indicating your salary expectation, notice requirement and at least three referees.