LVCT Health is an established Kenyan NGO that is renowned for its implementation of health programs at scale in Kenya. Through its vision of healthy empowered societies, the organization works closely with government at national and county levels to strengthen systems at facility and community level to facilitate delivery of health services reaching the most vulnerable populations.
LVCT health seeks to fill in the following key position for an anticipated USAID/Kenya Health Partnerships for Quality Services (KHPQS) bids for HIV, OVC, DREAMS and RMNCAH. The program aims to support the Government of Kenya (GOK) at national and county level in its HIV and AIDS in Kenya.
The positions are subject to USAID award of the grant.
POSITION: DEPUTY CHIEF OF PARTY & SERVICE DELIVERY ADVISOR - DCOP/LVCT/07/2020
REPORTING TO: CHIEF OF PARTY
LOCATION: NAIROBI, COAST, EASTERN, AND WESTERN REGION – please indicate preferred location.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
• Working t0gether with the COP, set project direction and approaches
• Lead and direct technical capacity building activities for provision of evidence-based and quality HIV/AIDS care and treatment services
• Coordinate with other technical leads of key stakeholders, other USG implementing partners, and GOK, particularly at the county-level.
• Collaborate with monitoring and evaluation staff to monitor and evaluate contribution of trainings, support supervision and mentorship activities to service delivery outcomes
• Contribute to the consolidation of the Annual Program Work plans, including the Performance Monitoring Plan
• Contribute to the preparation and review of the quarterly performance and annual reports to the donor
• Participate in relevant technical working groups and committees at national and county level, provide feedback and develop networks to support program implementation
• Work with technical team leads to monitor implementation of activities to meet set national standards and targets ensuring quality and integration of activities. Ensures technical excellence in program implementation.
• Participate in quarterly USAID and MOH field visits and meetings to monitor progress of project
• Coordinate response to technical questions raised by USAID/ MOH
Required Skills & Qualifications
• At least seven years of experience in managing and implementing complex public health programs of similar scope and size in a development context,
• At least five years of demonstrated experience in managing and supervising a technical team and in project design.
• At least five years demonstrated experience at mid or senior level in the following areas: HIV AND AIDS IN KENYA and demonstrate experience in two of the following areas: quality improvement/quality assurance; community health, human resources for health development; M&E; and operations research.
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships, create synergies and work effectively with USAID, government representatives, NGOs, for-profit private sector entities, local community organizations, donors and other stakeholders, particularly at the sub-national level.
• Professional-level proficiency in oral and written fluency in English language.
• Strong management skills, leadership qualities, professional reputation, ability to create synergies where applicable, interpersonal skills, and written and oral presentation skills to fulfill
The ideal candidate will either be proficient or advanced in the following set of competencies, specific to this position’s level of Executive Management:
• Collaboration - ability to develop networks, build alliances, and collaborate across boundaries to build strategic relationships and achieve common goals.
• Creativity/innovation - ability to develop new insights into situations, question conventional approaches, encourage new ideas and innovations, and design and implement new or cutting edge programs/processes.
• Influencing/negotiating - ability to persuade others, build consensus through give and take, and gain cooperation from others to obtain information and accomplish goals.
• Managing people - ability to build and manage workforce based on organization goals, budget, considerations, and staff needs.
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their applications and CV along with a cover letter expressing interest and indicating Salary history and expectations to email@example.com . The position applied for and reference number and desired location should be clearly indicated on the subject line and cover letter.
The closing date is August 31, 2020. Only short listed candidates will be contacted .
LVCT Health is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit our website www.lvcthealth.org for more information about the organization
LVCT Health DOES NOT CHARGE any fee whatsoever in any part of the recruitment process