REPUBLIC OF KENYA MIGORI COUNTY GOVERNMENT
OFFICE OF THE COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
18. Deputy Commissioner for Cooperative Development JG CPSB 05 ONE (1) POST REF/MCPSB/269/2020
Reporting to the Director Trade, Tourism & Cooperatives, the officer will be responsible for:
i. Providing technical advice to the department on cooperative matters.
ii. Enforcing compliance with cooperative legislations by county members of the Cooperative movement.
iii. Carrying out market research and disseminating research findings to the relevant county stakeholders.
iv. Promoting value addition and processing among county producer cooperatives.
v. Preparing and evaluating county cooperative activities and trends for promoting cooperative movement in the county.
vi. Undertaking cooperative risk assessment within the county.
vii. Promoting the growth and development of cooperative movement in the county.
viii. Any other duties relevant to this office.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE JOB:
i. Bachelor’s degree in any of the following: Business Administration, Agriculture, Economics, Statistics, Agriculture, Economics, Cooperative Management, Entrepreneurship, Agribusiness or Marketing from a recognized university in Kenya.
ii. A CPS (K) Part III or CPS (K) Part III with a diploma in any of the following disciplines:
Cooperative Management, Cooperative Auditing, Marketing, of Finance from a recognized university.
iii. Administrative ability and competence in work performance.
iv. A master’s degree in any of the above mentioned fields will be an added advantage.
HOW TO APPLY
1. All applications should be submitted in a sealed A4 envelope clearly marked on the top left side indicating the reference number for position applied for and addressed to:
Migori County Public Service Board
P.O Box 365- 40400, Suna
2. Hand delivered applications should be dropped at the offices of the Migori County Public Service Board located at Nyamome along Namba – Masara road adjacent to Nyamome SDA church.
3. All applications should reach the Secretary/CEO Migori County Public Service Board on or before Thursday 21st January, 2021 at 5:00pm.
4. Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original identity cards, academic and
professional certificates and testimonials.
5. For candidates to meet the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010,
applicants must obtain the following clearance:
• Tax compliance certificate from KRA
• Clearance certificate from HELB
• Clearance certificate from Ethics and Anticorruption Commission (EACC)
• Certificate of good conduct from Criminal Investigation Department
• Women, People Living with Disabilities and Marginalized Groups are encouraged to apply,
• Only shortlisted and successful candidate will be contacted;
• Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
Migori County Public Service Board is AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.