The Deputy Country Director serves as a key advisor to the CD on all matters related to the technical implementation of programs; Provides leadership in technical design; program leadership and development; and implementation and measurement. This position assures technical quality, program integration, and learning across the country programs. In addition, responsible for overall leadership of technical area growth by contributing to business development and engaging key government and non-government stakeholders. Deputizes the CD on program and operations matters during his/her absence. Serves as a member of the senior leadership team, contributing to management decisions, and implementing and complying with organizational, government, and donor policies.
Education & Knowledge
• Master in public health or closely related field
• Relevant Professional qualification
• 15 years in programme management, 5 at a senior level
• Programme management including development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and reporting.
• Experience and knowledge of managing multi-donor funds, including knowledge of major donor rules and regulations, such as US Government
• Multiple and diverse knowledge of various public health issues, including global and government priorities;
• Hands-on experience in programme management, managing multiple health portfolios
• Experience and willingness in training/mentoring staff
• Experience in overseeing and guiding high-level multi-disciplinary teams
• Experience in managing community health development programmes
• Publications experience.
Skills and Competences
• Skilled in proposal development and Fundraising
• Conversant with health systems
• Ability to develop long term integrated and cross-functional operational plans
• Ability to operationalize strategy into action for the Function
• Conversant with basic financial management
• Strategic management skills;
• Excellent communication; interpersonal and networking skills;
• Strong organizational skills
• Demonstrate high levels of integrity
• Conflict management and problem-solving skills
How to apply
Please visit our website https://amref.org/job/deputy-country-director/ to make your application. You will be directed to our online portal where you will need to create an account in order for you to be able to submit your application. Your application should include a cover letter detailing why you are the best fit for this position and your CV with relevant skills and experience. Deadline for submission: 23rd June 2021. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.