The Judicial Service Commission (JSC) is an independent Commission established under Article 171 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 to promote and facilitate the independence and accountability of the Judiciary and the efficient, effective and transparent administration of justice.
Job Requirements: Academic and Professional Qualifications:
For appointment to this position, the applicant must have: -
- i. A Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: - Architecture, Construction Management, Engineering or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- ii. A Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: - Architecture, Construction Management, Engineering or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- iii. Registration with a recognized Professional body and in Good Standing;
- iv. A Course in Strategic Leadership and Development or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- v. Proficiency in Computer Applications; and
- vi. Meets the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution.
Duties and Responsibilities
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- i. Developing and reviewing building services policies, procedures and programmes;
- ii. Providing strategic leadership in the design, construction, renovation and maintenance of Judiciary buildings and associated infrastructure;
- iii. Overseeing implementation of development, maintenance and rehabilitation of buildings and all associated infrastructure such as boundaries, roads, and services within the Judiciary;
- iv. Overseeing preparation of annual infrastructure requirements and cost estimates;
- v. Coordinating development and reviewing building services manual, guidelines, procedures and standards related to infrastructure development.
- vi. Coordinating design, documentation and supervision of new buildings projects and renovations of existing structures;
- vii. Coordinating building maintenance and rehabilitation works within the Judiciary;
- viii. Liaising with stakeholders on court infrastructure requirements;
- ix. Ensuring compliance of building construction regulations and licenses;
- x. Coordinating implementation of projects as per the Judiciary infrastructure master plan;
- xi. Coordinating research on best practices in construction industry and other emerging issues;
- xii. Undertaking, implementing, monitoring and reviewing the directorate annual budgetary allocations; and
- xiii. Ensuring Performance Management, mentoring, guidance and counseling of staff.
- i. Minimum twelve (12) years relevant work experience;
- ii. At least three (3) years at Senior Management level
- Job Core Competencies:
- i. Strategic Leadership & Good Interpersonal Skills;
- ii. Excellent Communication skills - Verbal and Written;
- iii. Analytical & Negotiation Skills;
- iv. Organizational and planning skills;
- v. Confidentiality, High Integrity, attention to details and accuracy;
- vi. Rational Decision Making Skills;
- vii. Time Management and the ability to prioritize work; and
- viii. Research and Data Management Skills
Interested and qualified persons are asked to visit our jobs portal: https://jobs.judiciary.go.ke for detailed job description, requirements for appointment and instructions on how to apply. All applications should reach the Commission NOT LATER THAN 28TH OCTOBER, 2020 AT 5.00 P.M.
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Judicial Service Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
THE SECRETARY JUDICIAL SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 40048 - 00100 NAIROBI
Telephone: +254 20-2739180
Commission Secretariat: Reinsurance Plaza,
Podium Floor, Taifa Road, Nairobi.