JOB ADVERTISEMENT FOR FILLING VACANCIES IN SIAYA COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the positions shown below;
5. REF: SCPSB/05/10/2020 Deputy Director Human Resource Management - J.G ‘Q’
Positions - 1
Terms of Service - Permanent and Pensionable
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Be a Kenyan Citizen.
2. Be a holder of at least a first Degree in Human Resource Management or any related field and Higher National Diploma in HR from a recognized Institution.
3. Master's degree in Human Resource/Human Resource Management, Industrial Relations, Public/Business Administration, Government or any other relevant qualification from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
4. Possess a Valid Human Resource Practicing License from IHRM.
5. Be a Member of IHRM Professional body in good standing.
6. Have Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP II).
7. Have a Certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution.
8. Have a Senior Management Course certificate for (4) weeks from a recognized institution.
9. Have a minimum experience of a period of five (5) years in HR related field.
Requirements for Appointment
An officer at this level will;
1. Report to the Director of Human Resource Management.
2. Head a Human Resource Management Division/Unit in the Directorate.
3. Be expected to co-ordinate development of strategic/action plans for the Human Resource Management in the Division.
4. Be the liaison officer between the Departments and the Directorate of Human Resource Management.
5. Analyze the Human Resource Management structures and systems, determining and proposing methods/strategies of handling Human Resource Management function.
6. Initiate, develop, Human Resource Management Policies geared towards instilling the right attitude, values and culture in line with the overall service, mission and vision.
7. Institutionalize Performance Management including Staff Performance Appraisal system.
8. Maintain Human Resource data base for all officers, Schemes of Service for all cadre and offer professional advice from time to time on HR related issues.
9. Research on Human Resource best practices that will guide the development of regulations and standards related to the Human Resource Management function and industrial relations.
10. Oversee the implementation of Human Resource Management policies, rules and regulations and ensuring adherence to the laid down procedures.
11. Advise the authorized officer on the delegated powers and ensuring proper implementation and scope of advising the authorized officer on the professional Human Resource Management standards and ensuring that the standard is maintained in the Department.
12. Advise the Department on succession management, Human Resource planning and utilization of human resources.
All applicants are expected to attach copies of the following additional documents
1. Tax compliance certificates
2. Clearance from HELB where necessary
3. Clearance from the Ethics and anti- corruption commission
4. Clearance from the CRB.
5. Certificate of Good Conduct from the police
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by downloading and completing the application for employment forms available on this website, attach copies of their credentials and send to
Siaya County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 390-40601,
EMAIL us on email@example.com so as to reach the Board on or before Wednesday, 21st October 2020 at 4:00pm
1. Siaya county public service board is an equal opportunity employer
2. Qualified persons from other ethnic communities are highly encouraged to apply.
3. Recruitment process is absolutely free and any form of lobbying, canvasing or bribery will lead to automatic disqualification.
NB: Candidates not able to complete processing the clearance documents on time can present the documents during interviews.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED