2. NZOWSCO/MD/9/2021/2: Deputy Manager- Commercial and Corporate Affairs (Regional Manager)- (1 post)
Salary scale 11-12
Reporting to the Head of Commercial and Corporate Affairs
• Senior Officer, Water Services
• Officer, Water Services
Job Purpose (Role)
The jobholder is responsible for managing the operations of the region by Formulating and implementing organizational policies and strategies at regional level
• Developing procedures related to the function and ensure effective implementation
• Ensuring preparation of timely management reports
• Developing and manage performance of staff;
• Developing and manage external relationship/networks;
• Develop and implement service levels for all sections
• Developing and monitoring the regional budget
• Ensuring optimum utilization of regional resources and provide professional leadership to staff in the region.
• Develop proper procedures for operations and service levels
• Implement the staff appraisal and Training Needs Assessment tools
• Analyze the various reports from the head of sections and make recommendations
• Develop monthly sectional activities plans (ensure the regional targets are achieved)
• Ensure work tickets are accurately filled, vehicles services on time and security records checked.
• Implementation of the strategic plan and the business plan at the regional level and implementation of management resolutions
• Attend to staff welfare, disciplinary issues, guidance and counselling of staff and referral of complicated issues to the HRAM office
• Management of company assets and ensure proper maintenance schedules are created
• Implement any new changes on the legal requirements
• Develop an M&E framework for the region.
Competencies and Critical Success Factors
1. Working with Others:
a. Team working: Leads aspects of team work, seeking and implementing improvements to the team’s outputs/service and developing colleagues within the team. Challenges colleagues.
b. Customer Focus: Provides a quality service that is regularly reviewed. Anticipates customer needs. Actively seeks feedback on services from customers and makes appropriate changes to service and to underpinning policy/strategy.
c. Communicating and influencing: Communicates effectively with a wide range of diverse internal and external stakeholders, influencing and negotiating change. Networks internally to keep ahead of developments
2. Delivering Results
a. Making informed decisions: Uses a wide range of complex to take controlled risks to achieve greater gain. Uses trends and data to establish controls and performance indicators
b. Organization Delivery: Takes account of organizational priorities to ensure that operational and strategic plans are being implemented and achieved.
c. Adaptability: Embraces and manages change. Seeks opportunities for change, supporting colleagues in implementing new ways of working, effectively and supportively communicating the rationale for change.
3. Focusing on the Future
a. Entrepreneurship and Commercial Focus: Spots and progresses business opportunities and opportunities for collaborative working externally and internally.
b. Creativity and Innovation: Reviews, tests and implements new concepts, models and approaches to practice in support of service development and delivery
c. Leading and Coaching: Is visible and publicly champions initiatives to provide direction. Takes responsibility for an area of work and for its outputs. Makes time to get to know people and motivate them. Regularly review performance of self and others.
• Manager, Commercial & Corporate Affairs Heads of Departments
• Heads of Departments
• Other staff in the organization
• Relevant Government institutions
Academic/Professional Qualifications and Minimum Experience
• Degree in Marketing, Business Management or Equivalent qualifications
• At least five years’ experience in a similar position
• Master’s degree in the relevant field is an added advantage
• Membership to a professional body and in good standing
• Management course lasting four weeks is an added advantage
Interested candidates are required to submit their CV, application letter, copies of academic and professional certificates and chapter six documents in hard copy, indicating the reference number on the envelop on or before 29th September 2021 by 5.00pm. to;
Nzoia Water Services Company Ltd
P.O. Box 1010- 50205