The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that all legal matters are attended to in the right manner thus protect the company’s image, ensure client satisfaction as well as minimize costs in claims processing. The ideal candidate MUST have at least 5 years of experience in insurance claims handling.
• Give legal opinion to management.
• Advise the management on the status of the matters in court and on the best way forward.
• Ensure recovery of the company’s outlay& debts.
• Prepare all legal documentation including legal drafts, contracts, leases and formal agreements.
• Provide legal advice on all aspects of pensions/retirement benefits management and on copyrights laws.
• Responsible for the registration of the company’s trademark and name and ensuring statutory returns are done in accordance the Companies Act.
• Give instructions and liaise with external lawyers, insured and witnesses on matters filed in court, call for policy excess and documents in support of the claims.
• Ensure that judgments/costs are settled on time to ensure the interests of the company are protected.
• Calling of documentation in support of claims plus policy excess.
• Matters on Recovery Report - produced every two months to show the progress of recovery.
• Judgment Reports- produced weekly to show judgments that are due.
• A Bachelor of Law Degree.
• Diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law.
• At least 5 years’ experience in insurance claims handling.
• Good knowledge of the insurance industry.
• Knowledge of insurance industry laws and court processes.
• Knowledge of IRA, KRA and AKI regulations.
• Good MS Office skills.
Monthly gross salary: Open Depending on skills and experience.
Career Level: Lower Mid-Level.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
Deadline: 14th October 2021.
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks, your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles, so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Leading Recruitment & Executive Search Company in Kenya; Summit Recruitment & Search, Blixen Court, Karen Road, Karen ***