Pursuant to the provisions of Section 35(1)(a) (v) of the Universities Act, 2012 amended through Statute Law (Miscellaneous Amendments) Act No. 18 of 2018, the Public Service Commission invites applications from suitably qualified persons to be considered for appointment to the above position.
- Minimum Qualification:PHD
- Experience Level:Management level
- Experience Length:4 years
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
“A citizen-centric public service”.
“To transform the public service for efficient and effective service delivery”.
DECLARATION OF VACANCIES
MAMA NGINA UNIVERSITY COLLEGE
Pursuant to the provisions of Section 35(1)(a) (v) of the Universities Act, 2012 amended through Statute Law (Miscellaneous Amendments) Act No. 18 of 2018, the Public Service Commission invites applications from suitably qualified persons to be considered for appointment to the following positions:
2. DEPUTY PRINCIPAL – ONE (1) POST
Basic Salary: Ksh 380,410- Ksh 490,729 p.m
House Allowance: Ksh 73,715 p.m
Leave Allowance: As provided by the University
Medical Cover and Other allowances As provided by the University
Terms of Service: Five (5) year contract renewable once
subject to satisfactory performance
For appointment to this position, a candidate must:
(i) be a Professor or an Associate Professor and a holder of an earned Ph.D. Degree or equivalent from a university recognized in Kenya;
(ii) have at least four (4) years of proven administrative work as an academic Dean or Director and any other comparable position in a university recognized in Kenya;
(iii) have through knowledge in the structural, legislative and regulatory framework for administering university education in Kenya;
(iv) be a recognized scholar as evidenced by the number of successfully supervised postgraduate students, attracted research grants, awards, recent publications in internationally recognized journals and university level book;
(v) have excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills;
(vi) be a registered member and demonstrated active involvement in professional associations;
(vii) demonstrate ability in networking fundraising, resource mobilization and fund management;
(viii) demonstrate the ability to develop curricula and academic programmes;
(ix) have an excellent understanding of current trends in university education and training in Kenya and globally; and
(x) be of highest ethical standards, integrity, accountability and professionalism, teamwork and stewardship, and comply with chapter six (6) of the constitution of Kenya 2010
(i) ability to portray and uphold positive national image and work in multicultural and multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity to and respect for diversity;
(ii) be a team player, visionary and result oriented leader;
(iii) capacity to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines; and
(iv) firm, fair accountable and transparent management style
Duties and Responsibilities
The Deputy Principal will be the Principal Assistant to the Principal and the head of Academic, Research, Outreach, Students affairs, Administration, Finance, Planning and Development divisions of the University College. He /she will be responsible for the management of academic student matters, Research, Outreach, Administration, Finance, Planning and management matters in a result oriented and timely manner to achieve the university vision, mission, objective and agreed targets. Duties and responsibilities at this level will include:-
(i) delivering university college teaching which include inter alia planning for academic programs, preparation of syllabi and their regulation timetable, examination, research, outreach, Library services, security, finance, ICT, planning and human resources;
(ii) coordination and development of Academic programs, policies of the university college in consultation with the Academic and Management Board and the state;
(iii) developing and implementing strategies to facilitate growth in revenue to support infrastructure, research innovation and outreach;
(iv) spearheading and protection and commercialization of all innovations;
(v) establishing linkages of academic programs and industry and business through local national and international networks to leverage teaching and research outcomes;
(vi) overseeing daily activities of the security, transport, estate and central services to ensure smooth operations and efficiency in service delivery;
(vii) coordinating health and welfare services in order to promote a conducive working environment and optimize productivity and quality service delivery;
(viii) engaging with respective unions in regard to Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBAs); and
(ix) performing such other functions and responsibilities assigned by the principal and university Council
INTERESTED APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO NOTE:
1. The names of shortlisted candidates shall be published on the Commission’s website;
2. Shortlisted candidates will be required to present originals of the following documents during the interviews:
(a) National Identity Card;
(b) Academic and Professional Certificates and transcripts;
(c) Any other supporting documents and testimonials;
(d) Recommendations from relevant professional bodies and associations; and
3. Recommendations from at least three (3) referees should be sent separately to the address below.
MODE OF APPLICATION
1. Candidates may submit manual (hard copy) or electronic (online) applications.
2. All applications should be submitted together with detailed Curriculum Vitae, a copy of National ID, Passport, copies of academic certificates, testimonials and any other relevant supporting documents.
3. Scanned copies of the documents must accompany the online applications.
4. The Curriculum Vitae should include information on academic qualifications, professional qualifications, leadership and management roles, publications, awards, scholarships, funding, membership in professional associations, linkages and community service, email address and telephone contacts.
5. Manual applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked:
“Application for the Position of Principal– Mama Ngina University College”
“Application for the position of Deputy Principal– Mama Ngina University College” and delivered to:
Public Service Commission
4th Floor Commission House
Off Harambee Avenue
P.O Box 30095-00100
6. Online applications may be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications should reach the Public Service Commission on or before 10th October 2022 latest by 5.00 p.m. (East African Time)
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured