Huru is a girl-driven international nonprofit with a vision for a world where no girl is limited by her period. Based in Nairobi, Kenya, and New York, USA, Huru produces and distributes high-quality reusable menstrual pads in conjunction with sexual and reproductive health sessions on topics ranging from HIV and gender-based violence prevention to early marriage and contraception. Huru's programming has reached over 190,000 girls and young women with more than 1.6 million pads since 2008. Further, in response to Kenya's growing youth unemployment rate, Huru has established a job training program to equip vulnerable youth from Nairobi’s informal settlements with industrial sewing and tailoring skills. Whether through menstrual pads or skills training, Huru strives to reach girls where they are with the support they need to reach their fullest potential.
Huru is seeking an experienced digital marketing producer with a proven history of success to join our fast-growing organization. This position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya, and is expected to drive marketing production spotlighting the impact Huru programs are making and the lives they are changing.
Position Overview: This newly created role will play an instrumental role in capturing the impact Huru is making on the ground in Kenya through the collection of compelling stories and individual profiles. In strong collaboration with the U.S. marketing team, this content will be used for marketing campaigns, donation appeals, program reports and strategic partnership programs. We are extremely proud of the work being done and need a person onsite with a sharp eye for finding interesting stories, strong production experience, and people skills to deliver the components needed for successful marketing efforts. This person will partner with the program team, grant writer, onsite marketing communication teams from partners (when needed) and the N Y office to bring it all together.
• Have a collaborative spirit and be invested in the Huru mission and its benefactors
• Develop and maintain a highly engaged and collaborative relationship with NY Marketing staff
• Develop and maintain good relationships with onsite program and operations staff, program partners and featured persons throughout the production process
• Serve as the lead and single source of contact for all production related matters from kickoff to completion
• Identify intriguing story features and individual profiles for compelling content that highlight success and impact of our mission
• Manage marketing production calendar and collate all marketing assets to share with NY team
• Efficiently and effectively manage day-to-day problems and communicate effectively in difficult and time-sensitive situations
• Gain clearances and permissions from any organizations and/or individuals ahead of production
• Create and communicate production schedules to all stakeholders and ensure they are met
• Schedule and manage any production crew and featured participants
• Handle coverage of on-site production of photography, videography, and persons being interviewed/story collection
• Ensure creative quality of asset delivery that aligns specifications and best practices
• Troubleshoot issues that arise during production as needed
- 7 years of related production experience in a similar role
- Previous experience working for or with non-profit programs
- Fluent in Kenyan culture, the regions and its people
- Strong knowledge of photography & videography
- Experience with storytelling through digital mediums and social platforms
- Success in working with multiple stakeholders
- Fluent English and Kiswahili
- Proficient with G-Suite (Drive, Calendar, Meet), Zoom, Microsoft office
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced environment and manage and meet multiple deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Exceptional English writing skills
- Must be comfortable discussing women’s health and rights issues. Ability to handle sensitive or confidential information key
- College degree in communications
- Cover letter detailing why Huru
- Creative portfolio
- Three references
- Salary expectation
Kindly send all application components via "Apply Now Button". Should your application lack any of the above requirements, it will not be considered. Please do not call about this position as short-listed candidates will be contacted individually.
This is a full-time, salaried position in Nairobi, Kenya, with paid leave, medical cover, and opportunities for professional development.