Role Title: Digital Officer – Social Media
VSO Team: Partnerships & Engagement team
Responsible to: Global Media Manager
Responsible for: None
Work Location; Home, VSO office or registered work location.
Job Purpose : Drive engagement and increase conversions through digital channels
Managing social media channels
• Implement and manage VSO’s social media strategy across channels ensuring content is engaging, relevant and meets best practice
• Manage the organisations social calendar and schedule daily posts which support engagement, key fundraising and recruitment objectives
• Support wider organisation in delivery of social media activity in support of key moments, including crisis comms when required, ensuring an integrated approach to content planning, and managing communications at live events
• Develop and deliver an integrated, audience-first social media content plan for VSO to focus on increasing general engagement and supporting donor acquisition.
• Lead on scoping of and development of a strategy for new social media channels to reach new audiences and remain competitive in social media.
• Write effective tweets, posts and blogs that generate engagement.
• Design professional quality graphics and video for use on social media. Produce and edit social media video clips from user generated content and video material shot in field.
• Refine and improve the current social media reporting used to understand how overall social media activity is performing and use insights gained to improve activity.
• Research and keep abreast of latest developments in the social media space and adapt the VSO social media strategy as appropriate with a view to improving our effectiveness.
Work closely with the digital and communications network to:
• promote and cross publish content which will support engagement and recruitment objectives.
• build the capacity of colleagues, share learning and embed principles of good social media engagement across VSO.
• Undertake community management of VSO’s social media channels and work with the Digital Officer for Recruitment and the supporter care team to ensure comments/questions are responded to in a timely, accurate and friendly manner.
• Work with Practice Area and Project Implementation teams across VSO and external partners to identify, manage and produce shareable content to drive, donations and support for VSO.
• Significant digital marketing experience, including managing and building a brand presence through the day-to-day management of social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram) for different audiences and objectives.
• Proven experience increasing reach and engagement through management of social media accounts
• Proven knowledge and experience of working with social media listening and analytics tools (Hootsuite, Sprout Social) to gain actionable insight to test and optimize content
• Excellent analytical, verbal, and written communication skills in English to a level of content development and copy writing expertise.
• Strong collaborator with excellent cross-team working skills.
• Project management skills; experience delivering projects against time, quality and resource targets
• Understanding of digital design and experience using Adobe Photoshop/ with Adobe Premier Pro or similar video editing software to create and edit graphics for social campaigns
• Advanced social media knowledge including interdependency of channels and use of search engine optimization (SEO) and measurement tools, Drupal, pay per click, and google analytics.
• Graduate level qualification or equivalent in marketing or digital marketing or digital copywriting
• Excellent practical knowledge of Microsoft 365.
• Strong commitment to VSO values; high energy, enthusiasm, and willingness to learn.