The Judicial Service Commission (JSC) is an independent Commission established under Article 171 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 to promote and facilitate the independence and accountability of the Judiciary and the efficient, effective and transparent administration of justice.
For appointment to this position, the applicant must have: -
- i. A Relevant Master’s degree in Social Sciences or its equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution;
- ii. A Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences or its equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution;
- iii. Relevant Professional Qualifications;
- iv. Membership to a relevant professional body with Good Standing;
- v. Corporate Secretary qualification will be an added advantage;
- vi. A Course in Strategic Leadership and Development or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- vii. Proficiency in Computer Applications; and
- viii. Meets the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution
Duties and Responsibilities
-i. Managing and coordinating the activities of the Directorate of Board Services;
- ii. Organizing, coordinating and preparing Commission’s agenda, Board papers and Notices of meetings;
- iii. Coordinating receipt of Board papers from various departments and presenting the same to Commission meetings;
- iv. Maintaining dockets and calendars for Commission and schedule related Commission meetings;
- v. Making arrangements for conferences and workshops for Commissioners;
- vi. Facilitating Corporate and Strategic Planning for the Commission;
- vii. Monitoring and evaluating the implementation of Commission decisions, directives and regulations;
- viii. Ensuring compliance with Commission decisions and laid down, service regulations, policies and guidelines in discharge of delegated roles;
- ix. Preparing quarterly reports to the Commission on efficiency and effectiveness of the discharge of the Commission functions; and
- x. Analyzing cases to ensure compliance to requirements and other guidelines before tabling to the Commission’s Board.
-i. Minimum Fifteen (15) Years relevant work experience;
- ii. At least Five (5) Years in Senior Management Level; and
- iii. Experience working with Boards
Core Job Competencies:
- i. Strategic Leadership & Good Interpersonal Skills;
- ii. Excellent Communication skills - Verbal and Written;
- iii. Analytical & Negotiation Skills;
- iv. Organizational and planning skills;
- v. Confidentiality, High Integrity, attention to details and accuracy;
- vi. Rational Decision Making Skills;
- vii. Time Management and the ability to prioritize work; and
- viii. Research and Data Management Skills
Interested and qualified persons are asked to visit our jobs portal: https://jobs.judiciary.go.ke for detailed job description, requirements for appointment and instructions on how to apply. All applications should reach the Commission NOT LATER THAN 28TH OCTOBER, 2020 AT 5.00 P.M.
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Judicial Service Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
THE SECRETARY JUDICIAL SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 40048 - 00100 NAIROBI
Telephone: +254 20-2739180
Commission Secretariat: Reinsurance Plaza,
Podium Floor, Taifa Road, Nairobi.