Kisumu County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions in their respective Departments as listed below:
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:7 years
Note: The positions of Chief Officers and Directors will be on Contract for a period of Three (3) years renewable based on successful performance.
For details on the above advertised positions and how to apply, applicants are asked to visit our website www.kisumu.go.ke.
HOW TO APPLY
The candidate should apply by downloading and filling application for employment form available on our website. All dully filled forms should be sent to the undersigned on or before 19th December 2022 at 4.00 pm.
PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O. BOX 7792-40100, KISUMU
Hand delivered applications can be dropped at our offices located at Kisumu County Public Service Board Offices (Former M.E.O Office), Okore Rd, Milimani, Kisumu.
All candidates interested in any of the above positions must satisfy the requirement of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya. Applicants holding foreign Degrees Should have them authenticated by The Commission for Higher Education (CHE) or Kenya National Qualifications Authority (KNQA).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted applicants should ensure that their academic and professional certificates are certified by the Issuing Institutions to the Board.
NB: The County Government of Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer. Women, the youth and
persons with disabilities who meet the specified requirements are encouraged to apply and also indicate so in their applications.
VACANCIES IN THE DEPARTMENT OF SPORTS, CULTURE, GENDER & YOUTH AFFAIRS.
3. Director Culture and Gender Affairs ~ KSM/CPSB/13/11/2022.
Duties and responsibilities: ~
• Implementing policy and legislation frameworks for Culture and gender development in the County; gender based violence
• Plan and implement the program related to culture and gender and affairs,
• Maintain records and list of all culture and gender related activities within the county;
• Promote community participation and inter-county cultural and gender related activities;
• Craft presentations and other outreach activities within the county on culture and gender
• Integrate culture and gender issues in programs, capacity buildings of communities to participate in development project, and involve women and vulnerable groups and
• activities that promote their welfare;
• Coordinate and monitor the thirty percent (30%) affirmative action on gender representation and in socio economic development,
• Coordinate and monitor the promotion of awareness on harmful cultural practices such as
• Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements for appointment: -
• Be a Kenyan Citizen
• Bachelor’s Degree in social work/community development or relevant field;
• A relevant master’s degree will be an added advantage;
• Attended a management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
• Attended a strategic leadership development course lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
• Have relevant knowledge, experience and a distinguished career in culture and gender and affairs of not less than seven (7), three (3) years of which should be at a senior managerial position in the public service or equivalent in the private sector;
• Demonstrated general administrative ability required for direction, control and implementation of genders.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured