Kisumu County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions in their respective Departments as listed below:
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:10 years
Note: The positions of Chief Officers and Directors will be on Contract for a period of Three (3) years renewable based on successful performance.
For details on the above advertised positions and how to apply, applicants are asked to visit our website www.kisumu.go.ke.
HOW TO APPLY
The candidate should apply by downloading and filling application for employment form available on our website. All dully filled forms should be sent to the undersigned on or before 19th December 2022 at 4.00 pm.
PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O. BOX 7792-40100, KISUMU
Hand delivered applications can be dropped at our offices located at Kisumu County Public Service Board Offices (Former M.E.O Office), Okore Rd, Milimani, Kisumu.
All candidates interested in any of the above positions must satisfy the requirement of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya. Applicants holding foreign Degrees Should have them authenticated by The Commission for Higher Education (CHE) or Kenya National Qualifications Authority (KNQA).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted applicants should ensure that their academic and professional certificates are certified by the Issuing Institutions to the Board.
NB: The County Government of Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer. Women, the youth and
persons with disabilities who meet the specified requirements are encouraged to apply and also indicate so in their applications.
VACANCIES IN THE DEPARTMENT OF WATER, ENVIRONMENT, NATURAL RESOURCES & CLIMATE CHANGE.
3. Director Environment and Climate Change ~ KSM/CPSB/16/11/2022.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Supervising staff in the department
• Overseeing development and implementation of projects and programs
• Guiding process related to International environmental governance
• Guiding the development and implementation of environmental and climate change policy, legislation and related statues
• Guiding preparation and implementation of work plans and performance contract target setting
• Ensuring efficient and effective utilization and management of resources for environment and climate change
• Guiding development of project concept notes
• Facilitating the environment subsector development partners’ coordination for a
• Spearheading financial and technical resource mobilization
• Overseeing the development and management of environment and climate change resources information system
• Supervising monitoring of environmental and climate change projects and programs Guiding on climate change matters
• Guiding in the development and implementation of strategic plan
• Be a Kenyan citizen
• A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in the relevant field; Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: — Environmental Science, Environmental Conservation and Natural Resource Management, Environmental Conservation, Environmental Education, Environmental Health, Environmental Law, Environmental Studies and Community Development, Environmental Studies and Community Resource Conservation, Forestry, Geo-spatial Information and Remote Sensing,
• Master’s degree in the relevant field will be added advantage
• Certificate in Computer Applications from a recognized institution, and demonstrated managerial, administrative and professional competence in work performance and
• exhibited a thorough understanding of national goals, policies, objectives and ability to relate them to proper management of environmental and natural resource function
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured