Rewarding Career Opportunity
Director General / Chief Executive Officer
Our client, the LAPSSET Corridor Development Authority (LCDA) is a State Corporation mandated to plan, coordinate, sequence, and provide leadership and direction in the operations and implementation of the LAPSSET Corridor programme.
This is a regional multi-modal infrastructure program implemented by Kenya, Ethiopia and South Sudan.
The project components are a 32 berth port at Lamu (Kenya), interregional highways, Oil pipelines, product oil pipeline, interregional standard gauge railway lines, international airports, resort cities, and multipurpose high grand falls dam.
The Authority is seeking to recruit an experienced individual with a high degree of integrity, strategic orientation and professionalism to fill the position of Director General / Chief Executive Officer.
The Director General / CEO will be reporting directly to the Board of Directors and is the Secretary to the Board.
- Provide strategic leadership in planning, coordinating and sequencing of the LAPSSET Corridor Program in collaboration with the implementing Ministries and Agencies
- Promote the corporate image of LAPSSET Corridor Development Authority.
- Provide secretariat services to the Board and the High Level Steering Committee of Cabinet Secretaries on the delivery of the LAPSSET Corridor Programs.
- Oversee the formulation and implementation of the Authority’s policies as per the Government rules and regulations.
- Mobilise funds to program components using a variety of resources including budgetary resources from Government, donor loans, infrastructure bonds and private finance.
- Provide general guidance to the Board and staff on annual expectations.
- Build the capacity of LAPSSET Corridor towns to manage the urban growth resulting from LAPSSET Corridor Program investments in collaboration with the relevant National and County government departments.
- Overseeing the execution of the approved Authority’s work plans and budgets and vetted performance contract
- Promote the competitiveness and use of the LAPSSET Corridor Program for the transport of goods and people
- Any other duties assigned by the Board of Directors
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Law, Finance, Economics, Business Management or related field from a recognized institution.
- Be a holder of a Master’s degree in a relevant discipline from a recognized institution
- Have knowledge and experience of not less than 15 years of relevant work, with at least ten (10) years served in a managerial / leadership role in a public or private entity, with a mandate that is comparable to LAPSSET.
- Be a member of a recognized professional body and in good standing
- Experience in Strategic Leadership Development and/or Corporate Governance
- Have a thorough understanding of public sector policy and reforms, corporate planning and relevant legislations.
Shortlisted candidates will be required, at the time of the interviews, to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 through provision of:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission, and
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau
This appointment is on contractual terms for an initial period of three (3) years and is renewable once, based on satisfactory performance and business requirements.
If you fit the profile of this role, please submit your application including a cover letter, curriculum vitae, copies of your academic and professional certificates, email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees who are familiar with your qualifications and/or work experience.
Interested applicants should submit applications by email only to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications must be received by 15th June 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Our Client is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and is committed to diversity and gender equality