A) DEPARTMENT OF ADMINISTRATION, PUBLIC SERVICE AND EXECUTIVE – PUBLIC SERVICE
1. Director, Human Resource Management - J/G CPSB 03 (V/NO: 09) ( 1 POST)
Reporting administratively to the Chief Officer responsible for Public Service and functionally to the County Secretary, the Director, Human Resource Management, shall be the overall in charge of human resource function in the County.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Overseeing the human resource management and development function of the county government and undertaking full employment cycle.
• Supervising the management of the county government records, documentation services.
• Overseeing the implementation and enforcement of human resource management rules, regulations, standards, procedures and guidelines.
• Evaluating effectiveness of the human resource policies, rules and regulations.
• Advising on human resource staff training and development.
• Overseeing maintenance of professional human resource management standards.
• Developing human resources management plans and providing advice on succession management, coordinating the development and review of career progression guidelines and advising on career development,
• Interpretation of labour laws and other statutes that impact on the human resource in the county government and advising on collective bargaining agreement negotiations, recognition agreements, coordinating labour disputes and cases before the Employment and Labour Relations Courts and;
• Other labour relations and providing guidance on performance management and training
Requirements and Competencies for Appointment:
• Served in a comparable position in the Public service; or private sector for a minimum period of ten (10) years, of which five (5) should be in a comparable position in a reputable organization;
• Bachelor’s degree in the following disciplines: - Public Administration, Human Resource management or any social sciences from a recognized university;
• Higher Diploma in Human Resources/Postgraduate diploma from a recognized institution
• Master’s degree in HR related field, Strategic Management, Business Administration, Public Administration or any related field from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
• Certificate in leadership/management from a recognized institution;
• Proficiency in computer application skills;
• Certified Human Resource Professional and a member of IHRM and of good standing.
• Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the constitution of Kenya.
Terms: Permanent and Pensionable.
Salary and allowances for all the positions is as prescribed by Salaries and Remuneration Commission (SRC)
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Applications can only be submitted online on or before 21st May, 2021 through Bomet County Public Service Board recruitment portal, www.cpsbbomet.net or from a link in Bomet County Website www.bomet.go.ke, Manual applications will not be accepted. Bomet County residents will be required to indicate their Sub-County and Ward of origin.
2. Clearance documents for purposes of complying with the provisions of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 will be required for those shortlisted and MUST submit Copies of the following clearances during the interview:
• Kenya Revenue Authority;
• Higher Education Loans Board;
• Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
• Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct);
• Credit Reference Bureau (CRB); and
• For those with higher education certificates (degrees) from outside Kenya, a letter of recognition of qualifications from the Commission for University Education.
3. Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Bomet County Public Service Board does not charge ANY FEE at any stage of the recruitment. Our official email is email@example.com or info@ cpsbbomet.net
The Secretary /C.E.O
Public Service Board
P.O Box 605-20400
‘’The County Government of Bomet is an equal opportunity employer. Women and Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification’’