DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SERVICE, ADMINISTRATION AND COORDINATION OF COUNTY AFFAIRS
1. Director Human Resource Management Compliance, Audit and Performance Management - Job Group R (1- Post)
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for driving the performance management processes in the county.
• Inspiring leadership and managers at all levels to set high standards of performance and hold employees firmly accountable.
• Responsible for managing the County’s Human Resource Administration activities including effective benefits and compensation management, utilization of human resource information systems, welfare, schemes statutory and voluntary obligations and employee absence management in line with laid down processes and procedures.
• Leads the implementation of the performance management system that includes performance development plans (PDPs) and employee development programs.
• Introducing systems /management practices that will facilitate effective and efficient management of the human resources;
• Protects the interests of employees and the County in accordance with company Human Resources policies and governmental laws and regulations.
• Establishes and leads the standard recruiting and hiring practices and procedures necessary to recruit and hire a superior workforce.
• Human Resource policy development and documentation;
• Development of an employee-oriented culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, and high performance.
• Selects and supervises Human Resources consultants, attorneys, and training specialists, and coordinates company use of insurance brokers, insurance carriers, pension administrators, and other outside sources.
• Develops and administers programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the County.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must:-
• Be a Kenyan citizen
• Have minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Human Resource Management / Personnel Management or any other relevant qualification from a recognized institution.
• Have served in the grade of Deputy Director of Human Resources Management Job Group Q or in a comparable and relevant position in the public Service for a minimum period of three (3) years;
• Have eight (8) years management position
• Have masters in Human Resource Management/ Personnel Management or any other relevant qualification from a recognized institution (Mandatory)
• Be a registered Member of the relevant professional body (IHRM)
• Have broad knowledge and experience in employment laws and practices, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, and training and development.
• Demonstrate ability to lead and develop Human Resources staff members.
• Demonstrate ability to serve as a successful participant on the executive management team that provides company leadership and direction.
• Have excellent computer skills.
All applicants Must fulfill Chapter six of the constitution requirement
Salary Scale: The salary, allowances and other benefits attached to these positions will be as determined by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission and other recognized CBAs as applicable.
Terms of Service: All the above posts shall be on a three (3) year contract term renewable based on satisfactory performance.
“Vihiga County is an Equal opportunity employer”
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application with copies of their National Identity/passport, Academic & Professional certificates to the undersigned.
Key responsibilities and job specifications for the above positions are available on the official County websites www.vihiga.go.ke.
All application from interested and qualified candidates should be submitted on or before 26th day of October 2020
Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SECRETARY/CEO VIHIGA COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O BOX 880-50300