LVCT Health is an established Kenyan NGO that is renowned for its implementation of health programs at scale in Kenya. Through its vision of healthy empowered societies, the organization works closely with government at national and county levels to strengthen systems at facility and community level to facilitate delivery of health services reaching the most vulnerable populations.
LVCT health seeks to fill in the following key position for an anticipated USAID/Kenya Health Partnerships for Quality Services (KHPQS) bids for HIV, OVC, DREAMS and RMNCAH. The program aims to support the Government of Kenya (GOK) at national and county level in its HIV and AIDS in Kenya.
The positions are subject to USAID award of the grant.
POSITION: DIRECTOR, MONITORING & EVALUATION DME/LVCT/07/2020
REPORTING TO: CHIEF OF PARTY
LOCATION: NAIROBI, COAST, EASTERN AND WESTERN REGION – please indicate preferred location
Key Roles & Responsibilities
• Develop and oversee the implementation of the Program Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP) that includes plans for collecting baseline data and establishing targets and outputs that contribute to improving outcome level indicators to be annually measured by USAID.
• Support the Chief of Party and Deputy Chief of Party in developing M&E sections of the quarterly and annual reports, and contribute substantially to the annual planning process as it relates to M&E and learning goals, targets and activities.
• Lead all Program baseline, mid-term and end-line surveys in support of Program data collection and analysis to inform Program interventions and national policy formulation;
• Ensure the availability and use of high-quality data for decision making;
• Assume primary responsibility for all Program activity monitoring, evaluation and learning, and lead the development of platforms to share lessons learned with the GOK and its partners, the donors and key stakeholders in Kenya counties;
• Oversee and lead the development of Program M&E systems, procedures and tools;
• Play a key role in maintaining a Program Knowledge Management system;
• Assess and support innovative technologies where and when relevant for improved information system reporting;
• Provide capacity building and mentor in monitoring, evaluation and learning to all Program implementing partners including Community-Based Organizations involved in Program implementation through sub-awards;
• Train and mentor Program staff on relevant M&E aspects of Program implementation;
• Contribute to the development and implementation of a strategy for synthesizing and disseminating key results, lessons learned, and other research and survey outputs of the Program.
Required Skills & Qualifications
• A Master's level degree in Public Health, Epidemiology or Statistics or related field; a PhD is an advantage.
• Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in Monitoring and Evaluation of large-scale health and HIV/AIDS and OVC service delivery and systems strengthening programs;
• Experience with PEPFAR and NASCOP reporting systems and requirements
• Demonstrated research experience and skills, complemented by experience in facilitation, close collaboration with varying types of partners.
• Demonstrated understanding, experience and competency in working with HIV programs among KP communities
• Proven track record in operations leadership.
• Highly innovative and motivated organisational leader
The ideal candidate will either be proficient or advanced in the following set of competencies, specific to this position’s level of Executive Management:
• Collaboration - ability to develop networks, build alliances, and collaborate across boundaries to build strategic relationships and achieve common goals.
• Creativity/innovation - ability to develop new insights into situations, question conventional approaches, encourage new ideas and innovations, and design and implement new or cutting edge programs/processes.
• Influencing/negotiating - ability to persuade others, build consensus through give and take, and gain cooperation from others to obtain information and accomplish goals.
• Managing people - ability to build and manage workforce based on organization goals, budget, considerations, and staff needs.
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their applications and CV along with a cover letter expressing interest and indicating Salary history and expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org . The position applied for and reference number and desired location should be clearly indicated on the subject line and cover letter.
The closing date is August 31, 2020. Only short listed candidates will be contacted .
LVCT Health is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit our website www.lvcthealth.org for more information about the organization
LVCT Health DOES NOT CHARGE any fee whatsoever in any part of the recruitment process