Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop financial plans and advise senior management and Board of Trustees on the Foundation’s financial strategy and management, including the mitigation of financial risk;
- Develop and maintain systems of internal control, and advise senior management and the Board on the provision of assurance services (internal and external audit), manage the Foundation’s liquidity, investments and foreign exchange risks in line with Board-approved policy;
- Provide support to the Executive Director in implementing the Foundation’s institutional risk assessment framework and risk management policy, with attention to business continuity risk;
- Identify and make recommendations regarding opportunities for improvements in the Foundation’s administrative operations and processes, undertaking new initiatives, implementing corporate operational strategies, establishing of corporate services targets (Balance Score Cards) and monitoring achievement of results;
- Provide leadership in managing the Foundation’s partnerships with sub-grantees with view to enhancing mutual accountability;
- Oversee continuous development and implementation of the Foundation’s cost-recovery policy for services provided to other institutions and/or projects. Foster accurate planning, forecasting and reporting of special income;
- Ensure compliance with human resources policies and strategies, as well as optimal staffing at headquarters and projects;
- Provide leadership in the management of the entire procurement cycle, and develop and nurture professional relations with local service providers;
- Contribute substantively to institutional resource mobilization efforts;
- Take leadership in the proper management and control of institution’s assets and facilities;
- Ensure that common services and joint arrangements help to contribute to AATF’s objective of providing efficient and economical implementation of its activities.
Qualifications and Experience
• Master’s degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Economics, or related field;
• Internationally recognized professional qualification in accounting.
• At least 10-15 years of senior responsibility in fiduciary management and administration in an international setting, and track record of hands on experience in Africa;
• Demonstrated leadership in administration and operations in an international environment;
• Demonstrated in-depth understanding of issues around African agriculture;
• Strong track record in resource mobilization for development, and excellent understanding of the typology of the RM landscape (development partners, philanthropy, the private sector, and other stakeholders in Africa).
Key Competencies required
- Demonstrated leadership in fostering teamwork; developing and motivating, and mentoring staff to achieve organisational objectives;
- Superior priority setting skills, with high energy and enthusiasm;
- Proven track record in innovative thinking and entrepreneurship;
- Proven fiduciary management, administrative and operations skills consistent with internationally recognized practices and standards;
- Track record of providing fiduciary services along the entire project cycle in international organizations, including planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and reporting;
- Track record of developing and implementing Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems in international settings, and superior IT skills;
- Demonstrated communications and presentation skills;
- Demonstrated professional and personal integrity, and ability to nurture and promote an inclusive and diverse professional environment with uncompromising sensitivity to gender and culture;
Terms of Appointment
- This is a full-time position. Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience
How to Apply
If you wish to be considered for this position, please forward a copy of your CV in English version and Microsoft Word format, along with any relevant documentation to AATF-DCS@sri-executive.com on or before 28th August 2020. All information will be in the strictest confidence as we pride ourselves on our professional service. We will revert to you as soon as feasible when we have reviewed your application.