DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE, LIVESTOCK DEVELOPMENT AND FISHERIES
1. Director of Fisheries, J/G ‘R’ (1 Post) REF: CG/KLF/CPSB/ADVRT/52/11/21
Duties and responsibilities:
An officer at this level will head a directorate and will be responsible to the chief officer for all the technical functions of the respective directorate in line with the Fisheries Act (Cap. 378) and other related statutes.
In addition, the officer will be responsible for the general administration of human and financial resources; development and transfer of appropriate technology and innovations in liaison with the relevant research institutions; developing strategies to sustain gains from fisheries development activities; managing staff performance systems and coordinating the preparation of budgetary estimates.
Requirement and appointment:
• Served in the grade of Deputy Director of Fisheries or an equivalent qualification for a minimum period of three (3) years.
• Bachelors degree in any of the following fields; Fisheries, Zoology, Aquatic Sciences, Natural Resource Management, Biochemistry, Food Science and Technology, Environmental Science, Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences, Chemistry or any other equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
• Masters degree in any of the following fields;- Fisheries, Zoology, Aquatic Sciences, Natural Resource Management, Biochemistry, Food Science and Technology, Environmental Science, Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences, Chemistry or any other equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
• Certificate in computer applications from a recognized institution
• Have knowledge of fisheries development and management policies, fisheries act and other related acts and international conventions.
• Be conversant with the national and international fisheries agreement, protocols and laws of the sea.
Terms of service: Permanent
Salary Scale: 121,430 – 169,140 p.m.
Other Allowances are as issued by Salaries and Remuneration Commission
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.