Kisumu County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions in their respective Departments as listed below:
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:7 years
Note: The positions of Chief Officers and Directors will be on Contract for a period of Three (3) years renewable based on successful performance.
For details on the above advertised positions and how to apply, applicants are asked to visit our website www.kisumu.go.ke.
HOW TO APPLY
The candidate should apply by downloading and filling application for employment form available on our website. All dully filled forms should be sent to the undersigned on or before 19th December 2022 at 4.00 pm.
PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O. BOX 7792-40100, KISUMU
Hand delivered applications can be dropped at our offices located at Kisumu County Public Service Board Offices (Former M.E.O Office), Okore Rd, Milimani, Kisumu.
All candidates interested in any of the above positions must satisfy the requirement of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya. Applicants holding foreign Degrees Should have them authenticated by The Commission for Higher Education (CHE) or Kenya National Qualifications Authority (KNQA).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted applicants should ensure that their academic and professional certificates are certified by the Issuing Institutions to the Board.
NB: The County Government of Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer. Women, the youth and
persons with disabilities who meet the specified requirements are encouraged to apply and also indicate so in their applications.
VACANCIES IN THE DEPARTMENT OF FINANCE, ECONOMIC PLANNING & ICT/e-GOVERNMENT SERVICES
3. Director of Information, Communication Technology - KSM/CPSB/25/11/2022.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Providing leadership, vision and management of ICT
• Preparing strategic and operational plans for the ICT directorate
• Overseeing the implementation and maintenance of technology infrastructure in line with county development plans
• Ensuring ICT systems comply with regulations and legal requirements
• Overseeing development, design and implementation of new system and maintenance of old
• Maintaining the integrity and continual operation of ICT network including wireless Ensuring the smooth running of computer systems and ensuring that users get maximum benefits from them;
• Ensuring effective Management of the County ICT and GIS systems and
• Scheduling upgrades and security backups of hardware and software
• Identifying new ICT Solutions, maintain and supporting ICT Services and ensuring security of the County’s data and ICT Systems;
• Performing any other duty that may be assigned by the supervisors
• Be a Kenyan Citizen
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology or a related field in ICT from a recognized university in Kenya
• Master’s degree in Computer Science or any other ICT related discipline from a recognized institution in Kenya.
• A minimum of Seven (7) years’ experience in relevant work and at least three (3) years in a managerial position in the Public Service or in the Private Sector;
• demonstrated a high level of competence and outstanding management qualities in computerized information systems;
• Demonstrate a thorough understanding of county/National goals, policies and development objectives and the ability to translate them into ICT development programs/ projects.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured