Kisumu County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions in their respective Departments as listed below:
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:10 years
Note: The positions of Chief Officers and Directors will be on Contract for a period of Three (3) years renewable based on successful performance.
For details on the above advertised positions and how to apply, applicants are asked to visit our website www.kisumu.go.ke.
HOW TO APPLY
The candidate should apply by downloading and filling application for employment form available on our website. All dully filled forms should be sent to the undersigned on or before 19th December 2022 at 4.00 pm.
PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O. BOX 7792-40100, KISUMU
Hand delivered applications can be dropped at our offices located at Kisumu County Public Service Board Offices (Former M.E.O Office), Okore Rd, Milimani, Kisumu.
All candidates interested in any of the above positions must satisfy the requirement of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya. Applicants holding foreign Degrees Should have them authenticated by The Commission for Higher Education (CHE) or Kenya National Qualifications Authority (KNQA).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted applicants should ensure that their academic and professional certificates are certified by the Issuing Institutions to the Board.
NB: The County Government of Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer. Women, the youth and
persons with disabilities who meet the specified requirements are encouraged to apply and also indicate so in their applications.
VACANCIES IN THE DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE, FISHERIES, LIVESTOCK DEVELOPMENT & IRRIGATION.
3. Director of Livestock and Fisheries ~ KSM/CPSB/29/11/2022.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinating the implementation of livestock and fisheries development policies in the County;
• Managing the department of livestock and fisheries human resource capacity development;
• Managing fiscal resources for the department, provision and improvement of administrative services;
• Supervising and Managing staff, programs and administrative functions for the department.
• Promoting collaboration of stakeholder’s participation in livestock and fisheries extension delivery;
• Coordinating livestock and fisheries extension research liaison and training programmes in the County;
• Coordinating implementation of work plans and budgets for livestock and fisheries;
• Ensuring compilation of periodic reports and preparation of performance contract
• Providing technical guidance in all aspects of livestock and fisheries production and development,
• Coordinating livestock and fisheries technical forums, workshops and seminars;
• Facilitating the development of livestock and fisheries micro enterprises value addition and business plans in the county;
• Providing and improving administrative links between the county headquarters and the field services
• Participating in monitoring and evaluation of livestock a fisheries projects and programmes.
• Liaising with research institutions and other agencies towards Livestock and fisheries development in the County.
• Overseeing implementation of Livestock and fisheries management measures
• Formulating, implementing and monitoring resource conservation intervention strategies
• Monitoring fish seed and feed production programmes
• Designing livestock and fish marketing strategies
• Promoting product value addition
• Managing livestock and fisheries data bank
• Preparing the budget for the section
• Ensure adherence to budgets that have been passed
• Be an Authority to Incur Expenditure (A.I-E) holder.
• Master’s degree in any of the relevant filed will be added advantage
• Certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognised institution
• Certificate in senior management course (SMC) lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution
• Be a registered member of a recognised professional body
• Ten (10) years’ experience, three (3) years of which must be in a senior position within the Public Service.
• Leadership skills Communication skills, Interpersonal skills, Organizational skills, Ability to work under pressure, Negotiation skills, Ability to build and lead cohesive teams and Problem solving skills.
• Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured