Location: 25% Nairobi, 75% Naivasha, Kenya
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
Start date: Immediate
We are looking for a capable and dynamic Director of Operations to come in and immediately make an impact on the organization. As the Director of Operations you’ll be working with our COO to launch, and then oversee our new hatchery, fish processing, warehousing, and logistics hub, based out of Naivasha. You will report directly to our COO and will be involved in executive decision making that will shape the direction of our business moving forward through its next stage of growth.
What we’re looking for:
• Bachelor’s or Master's degree in engineering, business, or another technical field
• 15+ years in working in operations and management
• Experience working in farm-based and/or industrial environments
• Excels in a startup environment by staying organized, not being afraid to take initiative and willing to jump in and help wherever needed
• High degree of technology literacy with a strong proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
• Well-developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to manage diverse personalities
• Fluent in English
• Working alongside our COO to build out our new Naivasha operations center, laying out the groundwork and executing on delivery of the project.
• Managing day-to-day operations across our hatchery, fish processing, warehousing, and logistics hub for the center once live
• Managing relationships with contractors and partners/vendors
• Coordinating with leadership across Farm and Commercial business units to support their respective needs
• Liaising with HR, Finance, and procurement to ensure that the Naivasha site’s meets its administrative requirements
• Building out operational best practices for the Naivasha center to serve as a center of excellence as the business as it expands
About Victory Farms:
Victory Farms aims to be the most sustainable fish farm on the planet whilst it scales to feed 2 billion Africans in the coming 2 decades. Currently, VF is sub-Saharan Africa’s fastest growing fish farm, and the largest Fish Farm in East Africa. We have operations on the Kenyan side of Lake Victoria and distribution capacity throughout Kenya. The Company has the highest standards for performance, execution, culture, and integrity, with best in class talent from across the globe.