Kisumu County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions in their respective Departments as listed below:
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:7 years
Note: The positions of Chief Officers and Directors will be on Contract for a period of Three (3) years renewable based on successful performance.
For details on the above advertised positions and how to apply, applicants are asked to visit our website www.kisumu.go.ke.
HOW TO APPLY
The candidate should apply by downloading and filling application for employment form available on our website. All dully filled forms should be sent to the undersigned on or before 19th December 2022 at 4.00 pm.
PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O. BOX 7792-40100, KISUMU
Hand delivered applications can be dropped at our offices located at Kisumu County Public Service Board Offices (Former M.E.O Office), Okore Rd, Milimani, Kisumu.
All candidates interested in any of the above positions must satisfy the requirement of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya. Applicants holding foreign Degrees Should have them authenticated by The Commission for Higher Education (CHE) or Kenya National Qualifications Authority (KNQA).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted applicants should ensure that their academic and professional certificates are certified by the Issuing Institutions to the Board.
NB: The County Government of Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer. Women, the youth and
persons with disabilities who meet the specified requirements are encouraged to apply and also indicate so in their applications.
VACANCIES IN THE DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SERVICE, COUNTY ADMINISTRATION & PARTICIPATORY DEVELOPMENT.
4. Director of Partnerships, Resource Mobilization and Diaspora Affairs ~ KSM/CPSB/07/11/2022.
Duties and Responsibilities: ~
• Development and implementation of external resources mobilization policies;
• Aid and grants resource mobilization;
• Reviewing financing and agreements for both loans, grants and donations;
• Conducting research on potential donors/partners such as trusts and foundations, etc, finding a match with partners whose philanthropic or funding criteria match the County’s, or its partners vision and activities;
• Facilitate and monitor implementation of donor funded projects; facilitating fulfilment of conditions precedent;
• Liaison with other counties and undertake research on external resources mobilization to inform policy development. Mobilization of the External Resources from various
• Development Partners who include Multilateral, Bilateral Donors and other Foundations;
• Negotiations with Development Partners to avail External Resources to the Line Ministries
• Educate and update investors about the economic performance of the County government;
• Develop and execute the global and diaspora investor relations programmes that accurately reflects the County government investment climate;
• Lead the development of strategy, operating plans, budget, and execution of the investor relations programme that may include among others; facilitating two-way communication channels with investors;
• Approaching and raising funds from trusts, partners/donors, Banks and foundations within Kenya and abroad, including diaspora communities
• Facilitating co-financing opportunities for partner organizations;
• Developing and coordinating a web-based fundraising initiative, if needed;
• Organizing events for partnership building between implementers and potential partners;
• Ensuring all partners receive appropriate and timely reports and updates;
• Support in Opening Diaspora Chapters and creating channels for Diaspora Engagement;
• Coordinate donor and diaspora engagement meetings.
• In charge of the County liaison office in Nairobi
• Lead the county liaison activities with the Council of Governors (CoG) and other
• National and International associations, including UCLGA
• Coordinate mobilization of diaspora resources for county development
Requirements for appointment: -
• Be a Kenyan Citizen
• Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Business Development, Development Studies, Economics, Social Sciences, International Relations, Public Administration and Business Administration.
• Have relevant knowledge, experience and a distinguished career resource mobilization field of not less than seven (7), three (3) years of which should be at a senior
• managerial position in the field of administration in the public service or equivalent in the private sector;
• Master’s Degree in any social science or equivalent qualification from a university recognized in Kenya is an added advantage;
• Attended a management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
• Attended a strategic leadership development course lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
• Attended a Strategic Leadership Course from a recognized Institution; and
• Demonstrated general administrative ability required for direction, control and implementation of public works services.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured