REPUBLIC OF KENYA
COUNTY GOVERNMENT OF BOMET
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
ADVERTISEMENT OF VACANCIES
A. The Office of The Governor through the County Public Service Board wishes to fill the vacancy of the County Attorney.
B. The County Government of Bomet through the Public Service Board wishes to fill the positions of Chief Officer – Youth and Sports and Municipal Manager, Director Revenue, Principal Valuer and Senior Support Staff.
DEPARTMENT OF FINANCE AND ECONOMIC PLANNING
4. POSITION: Director Revenue - J/G CPSB ‘03’ (1 Post)
Job Purpose & Reporting Responsibility
The Director Revenue shall be In-charge of the County Treasury Revenue Services and will report directly to the Chief Officer Finance
Requirements and competencies for Appointment
• Be a Kenyan citizen.
• Be a holder of Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/Management (Accounting or Finance option); Economics or Commerce from a recognized institution.
• A holder of a Master’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Commerce or other relevant equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
• A member of Institute of Certified Public Accountant of Kenya (ICPAK) and in good standing.
• Served in the public or private sector for a minimum period of ten (10) years
• Demonstrated a thorough understanding of National goals, policies and development objectives and ability to align them to the County’s mandate.
• Be conversant with the provisions of the Public Financial Management Act.
• Be a good team player with exemplary leadership qualities, interpersonal, communication and collaborative skills.
• Proficiency in Computer Application Skills relevant to financial management from a recognized institution
• Must satisfy the provisions of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya 2010
Duties and Responsibilities
• Day to day running of the County Revenue Collection Section.
• Implementing County policies and regulations for revenue.
• Developing and implementing plans to operationalized County revenue to enhance efficient revenue collection and growth.
• Designing effective, efficient and secure systems of collecting revenue.
• Maintaining records of all the revenue sources/centres’, rates and revenues collected.
• Setting up and projecting regular revenue trends for planning and decision making in the county.
• Planning, formulating strategies and identifying sources of revenue.
• Submitting regular reports to county committees on matters of revenue collection.
• Set high but realistic and achievable collection targets for all revenue collectors.
• Design performance evaluation systems that track progresses on target.
• Be the Chief Revenue Collector
• Identify new revenue streams for the county government and optimal rates.
• Perform such other functions as may be delegated from time to time
• Plays advisory role to the Chief Officer and County Executive Committee member on revenue matters; and
• Any other relevant duty as may be assigned from time to time.
1. Job descriptions and specifications can be found on the County Government website www.bomet.go.ke or Public Service Board recruitment portal, www.cpsbbomet.net
2. Applications can only be submitted online on or before 23rd April, 2021 through Bomet County Public Service Board recruitment portal, www.cpsbbomet.net Or from a link in Bomet County website, www.bomet.go.ke Manual applications will not be accepted.
3. Documents for purposes of complying with Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, will be required from those who will be shortlisted.
4. Only shortlisted and successful applicants will be contacted.
• Salary and benefits: As per the guidelines provided by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission
‘The County Government of Bomet is an equal opportunity employer; women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply’.
Public Service Board
P.O. Box 605-20400