1. Carry out security surveys and develop security surveys and risk assessments reports before Dogs deployments.
2. Assist the Operations Director and the Deputy General to implement, develop policies & procedures to maintain quality security standards at the K9 and in all assignments.
3. carry out health and safety Audits/ plans.
4. Sustain continuous improvement of security systems within the organization by carrying out periodic audits.
5. Ensure and follow up on implementations of Standard operating procedures and service level agreements.
6. Ensure all assignments have assignment instructions as agreed with clients.
7. Oversee all the security operations at the K9 and ensure safety of company properties.
8. Enhance Business growth and development.
10. Handling staffs discipline in consultations with the HRM and follow up to sustain high performance culture at the Dog section.
11. Cost cutting measures and ensuring there are controls in place to avert misuse and wastage of company resources.
12. Customer relations and ensuring exceedingly customer satisfactions beyond expectations always.
13. Sustain Cleanliness and good husbandry at the Dog section.
14. Plan for breeding in consultation with the operations Director as the laid down plans and avoid unnecessary breeding.
15. Ensure Dog section structures are well maintained to the animal health standards.
16. Plan for Dogs & Dog handlers training in cognizant with customers’ requirements.
17. Ensuring Dogs feeding program is in place.
18. Ensure puppies and bitches are taken care of accordingly.
19. Ensure dogs are vaccinated accordingly in consultations with company veterinary Doctors.
20. In liaison with appointed Veterinary Doctors in attending to sick/injured Dogs, plan for first aids where necessary.
21. Monitoring K9 Van fueling program and controlling of all resources at the Dog section.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Analyzing and evaluation of security operations to identify risks or opportunities for continuance improvement.
- Preparation of security operational documents, such as incident reports and business proposals.
- Participate in investigation of accidents and incidents in contracted assignments and to timely discover causes and handle customer claims.
- Create and implement health and safety policies in accordance with the latest legislations and to ensure that these policies are implemented accordingly.
- Assist in identify training needs for various K9 assignments with a view of bridging the performance gap.
- carry out security surveys and risk assessments.
- Prepare and Verify that the incidents reports are accurately done in liaison with the relevant personnel.
- Plan for periodic reviews of Environmental Management system at the Dog section and across the K9 operations.
- Support in the management in security audits to meet Statutory and or Customer requirements.
- Prepare agendas and Plan for client visits/ meetings and generating periodical feedback reports.
- Keep an inventory of training needs and training plans to be carried out at the Dog section.
- Ensure timely deployment of Dogs to contracted customers and covered with the correct number of Dogs and no excess or ghost workers.
- Continuance advising clients on security Officers/ Dog Handlers changes.
- Ensure Kennel attendants & Dog handlers are well supervised and monitor supervision activities and assisting on disciplinary process in liaison with Human Resource Manager.
- Carry out any other duties as directed by your seniors from time to time.
- Certificate in K9 operations/ management plus training in Security Management.
- Minimum KCSE Certificate
- Over 5 years of experience in Dog section operations and management role in private security operations.
Key Competencies/ Skills Required:
- Customer focus and customer service skills.
- Passionate about Dogs.
- General Dogs fast aid skills.
- Team work spirit, Good communicator and organized.
- Ability to operate in a pressurized environment.
- Excellent time management.
- Attention to detail and proactive.
- Demonstrable proactive and professional approach to security.
- Excellent written / fluent in English language.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent knowledge of security protocols and procedures.