REPORTS TO: PRODUCTION ASSISTANT
Job Description, Duties and Responsibilities
Your job description, duties and responsibilities as the Drier, Sorting and Packing Supervisor include but not limited to the following:-
h) Supervise staff working within the drier, sorting and packing areas;
i) manage and implement the health and safety policy at the workplace;
j) Undertake periodical appraisal of staff within the drier, sorting and packing area;
k) Ensure that all machinery in the drier, sorting and packing area are in good working condition and report any malfunction to the mechanical section;
l) Ensure that tea is packed to the required standards and packing materials are available and are put in good use.
m) Ensure high hygienic standards on the sorting and packing areas;
n) Undertake the day to day allocation of work to the staff within the drier, sorting and packing sections;
o) Team leader of the Packing section health and safety committee and ensures proper implementation of the health and safety policy at the work place;
p) Make periodical reports to the management on all the operations and activities of the drier, sorting and packing section;
q) Make periodical reports to the management on all the operations and activities of the Packing section;
r) Undertake periodical appraisals for the Packing section staff and
s) Any other duty as may be assigned by the Factory from time to time.
Required Qualifications & Technical Skills
The above position requires the following qualifications and skills:-
• Diploma in Food Science
• Experience of at least ten (10) years in the drier, sorting and packing areas
• Computer knowledge
Personal Attributes, Behaviour and Abilities
The employee must continuously demonstrate the following attributes, behaviours and abilities:-
• Commitment to the ideals of the Company, notably to its role in processing and marketing teas in international standards;
• Understanding of the Company’s organization structure and administration and manufacturing processes;
• Personal integrity, vibrant energy, flexibility, good judgment and creativity;
• High level of attention to detail in your job;
• Readiness to adopt an open and flexible working culture without constant supervision i.e. adherence to values of timekeeping, time management collegiality, mutual respect, etc.
• Ability and willingness to work extended hour;
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills and in particular the respect of other colleagues and customers;
• A good sense of humour and ability to work under minimal supervision.