Driver & Transport Services
Safe, efficient, timely and well-coordinated transportation of staff and designated people to all areas as instructed. Safe, efficient and timely transportation of goods to required points as directed Ensure that Plan International assets are safeguarded in the vehicle at all the time Maintain an updated vehicle log book that keeps track of vehicle usage
- Minimum Qualification:Highschool
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:1 year
MANAGEMENT SCOPE, REPORTING LINES, KEY RELATIONSHIPS
- Project Coordinator.
- Project Staff - Both local and global
- Procurement Logistics and Administration Coordinator
- Community stakeholders
- Donors, Partners
- Government offices
LEVEL OF CONTACT WITH CHILDREN
High level: Frequent interaction with children
- Minimal office environment
- Heavy lifting
- Long driving hours
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND MAIN WORK ACTIVITIES
- Safe, efficient, timely and well-coordinated transportation of staff and designated people to all areas as instructed.
- Safe, efficient and timely transportation of goods to required points as directed
- Ensure that Plan International assets are safeguarded in the vehicle at all the time
- Maintain an updated vehicle log book that keeps track of vehicle usage
- Provide timely and efficient execution of office errands for smooth operation of project communications and logistics
- Maintain, in all circumstances highest level of conduct on the road as well as drive with due care at all times and with consideration for other road users and pedestrians.
- Ensure a well maintained (and clean) vehicle to avoid breakdowns and ensure the comfort of the passengers
- Ensure that the vehicle is well equipped with valid first aid kit, working safety belts, fire extinguisher, valid local licences and inspection certificates etc.
- Refuel vehicle using an approved fuel voucher/fuel card and keep updated vehicle log sheet
- Ensure that the vehicle is safely parked at designated place at the end of each working day not later than 6 pm
- Immediate reporting of incidents and accidents involving Plan International vehicles to the immediate supervisor
- Comply with transport and other corporate policies to ensure efficiency and harmony with other departments/government
- Maintain valid driving licence and produce when required
- Promotes and abides by Plan International policies and procedures including but not limited to: Safe guarding children and young people Policy; Code of Conduct and the related mandatory reporting responsibilities.
- Safeguarding Children and Young People (Safeguarding) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) (5%)
- Understands and puts into practice the responsibilities under Safeguarding and GEI policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), ensuring that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
- Leads the orientation of programme staff to ensure that they are properly inducted on and understands their role in upholding Plan International’s safeguarding and GEI policies;
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in project design, during implementation and as principles applied in day-to-day work of Programme team;
- Ensures that Plan Kenya contributes to Plan International’s global efforts to ensure safeguarding and GEI, including making sure that relevant reporting and data are submitted.
- Any other assigned duty by the supervisor
- Courageous, taking a lead, challenging myself and others to achieve purpose, safeguard others and role model values, inside and outside work. Responsible for my work and learning, striving to improve. Self-aware, resilient and constructive in embracing change. Striving to achieve significant and lasting impact on the lives of children and young people, and to secure equality for girls. Challenging myself to be bold, courageous, responsive, focused and innovative.
- Creating a climate of trust inside and outside the organisation by being open, honest and transparent. Holding myself and others to account for decisions and impact on others. Doing what I say I will do. Working effectively with others, inside and outside the organisation, including sponsors and donors. Actively supporting colleagues, helping them to achieve their goals. Coming together with others to create and implement solutions in teams, across Plan International, with children, girls, young people, communities and our partners.
- Respecting all people, appreciating differences and challenging inequality in programmes and the workplace. Supporting children, girls and young people to increase their confidence and to change their own lives. Empowering other staff to give their best and develop their potential.
- Understanding Plan International’s purpose, priorities, values and approaches in our work context. Adhering to relevant policies, processes, practices and standards, and being pro-active in continuing technical and professional development
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured