The driver is responsible for ensuring that the vehicle is in good working condition, well maintained, should have knowledge of the road networks within the county that they work in. In addition, they should, plan each route based on road and traffic conditions Ultimately, you will help us increase customer satisfaction, making sure clients depend on us for their transportation needs.
• Providing driving and logistic services allocated by the office for all official trips;
• Mapping out driving routes ahead of time to determine the most expedient trip;
• In liaison with the Procurement and Logistics Officer and the Administrative Assistant develop and maintain an organized travel schedule for the team on a monthly basis;
• Ensuring that the vehicle is well maintained and has all the required certificates and licenses as per the traffic Act;
• Develop and maintain a schedule for regular car service appointments and ensure any issue arising is reported;
• Ensure that there is documented proper tracking of service intervals;
• Taking vehicles for service at recommended mileage (both minor and major service);
• Following up on service payments as per accounts/departmental procedure;
• Organize for vehicle repairs in liaison with the Procurement and Logistics Office;
• Maintaining and updating daily vehicle movement log and schedule and ensuring all trips are pre-authorized by the relevant officer before embarking on the trip;
• Efficient and timely delivery of relevant documents with confirmed signed delivery books/acknowledgement notes;
• Maintenance of professional confidentiality;
• At least 3 years proven experience as a Driver in a reputable organisation or donor funded program
• A valid driver’s license
• Certificate of good conduct
• Mechanical knowledge of motor vehicles
• Availability to occasionally take weekend and night shifts
• Ability to remain calm in stressful driving situations (e.g. at rush hour)
• Obtained D+ and above in KCSE or equivalent
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to send their up to date CV with their contact details, details of current and expected remuneration, the names of three professional referees and a cover letter demonstrating how you meet our requirements. The email address should be the subject of the position being applied for.
Closing date for applications is Friday, 30th October 2020. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Kenya Climate Innovation Center is an equal opportunity employer